48. Cats & Coolness

My issues at school seemed to assuage once winter break started and I decided to kick the break off at my house. I decided to invite Elio and Tori to hang out. I thought it would be pretty cool to bake and decorate gingerbread houses with them as well as have a movie night.

I contemplated long and hard over inviting Castiel until I eventually fought pass my fears and doubts by shooting him a text. It went unanswered which somewhat kind of bummed me out but I figured it could be due to a couple things.

I just hope he's doing okay..

"Do you have everything that you need?" My mom asks while wiping over the counter to help prep for the day.

"Yup!" I answer with a faint smile. "Are you sure you don't wanna join us?"

"I'm too old for stuff like this." She waves of with a tired smile. "I'm just gonna be at my room watching T.V. Have fun and make sure to tell your friends I said hello, okay?"

"Okay, just call me if you need anything." I say while watching her walk back into her room.

After a couple more moments of having enough time to further organize and make adjustments to my set up, the first doorbell had finally rung. I almost stumbled around the kitchen as I made my way towards the front door, patting my hands onto my jeans before presenting myself to the first guest.

"You're here early!" I announce with a smile regardless if it was Elio or Tori.

My breath hitches the second a sharp feline gaze that was glossed over with a deep shade of blue glacier looked directly at me. It went strikingly well along with the familiar porcelain that was hugged by a slight pinch of cherry red.

"C-Castiel?" I shakily exhaled as I looked away from his great height and brought my attention down to the large box being hugged by his finger tips.

"Hey." He nervously smirks at me.

"Hey." I awkwardly bit over my lip as I leaned against the side of the door with crossed arms.

"I didn't mean to uh-stand you up during secret Santa." He expresses while a dark strand of hair fell over his alluring eyes. "I just couldn't really bring this to school." He nervously scratches the back of his head before handing me the box.

Wait.

Castiel was my secret Santa?

"W-what is it?" I ask with a suppressed smile, preparing to shake the box just for him to quickly stop me.

"Don't shake it." He says with a subtly cautious look on his face.

"What? Why?" I ask with furrowed brows.

All of a sudden, a tiny meow emits from inside the box. It caused nothing but pure silence between us now as I almost questioned my sanity due to what I just heard.

"No." My mouth inexplicably widens as another meow emits. "Stop, no." My voice cracked as I handled the box with utmost care now.

"Yea." He nervously chuckles to himself as I quickly bring the box over to the living room with a beating chest and a tearful gaze.

I carefully get on my knees and open the box. "Oh my god." My mouth falls the seconds I lay my eyes on the largest set of curious eyes that belonged to none other than a tiny grey kitten that was the same breed as Rigby. "N-no." I immediately snapped my head back at Castiel as I audibly repeated my pure happiness and shock over the gift. "You didn't." I sniffed at my eyes uncontrollably watering.

"But I did." Castiel looks down and smirks. "Are you glad you didn't shake it now?" He deeply teases.

I quickly rushed towards him filled with joyful tears and hearty laughter. "Come here." I say while pulling him inside the house. "I love you." I wrap my arms around his neck to crash our lips together.