13: Heartbreak

"What are you talking about Brian? What is this?" Violet asks as her body tenses up and she shakes her head

"Since the first time I met you I've been undercover. I am a cop." Brian tells her as his eyes soften.
"You bastard." Violet says shaking her head as tears start to form in her eyes. "You bastard."
Violet got her wrist out of his grip before before going to walk away but Brian grabs her wrist again.
" Violet..." Brian says before Violet turns around and her hand collides with his cheek.
Brian's cheek was burning but he didn't care. All he could care about in this moment is trying his best not to lose Violet.
"Fuck you, Brian." Violet says before she begins to walk away again.
Brian chased after her before stepping in front of her and placing his hands on her shoulders which made her stop.
"Violet listen to me! Everything I ever said I felt about you was real. I swear to god. But right now this isn't about you and me." Brian tells her as she looks up to meet his gaze and doesn't bother to wipe the tears that are falling from her eyes. "Your brother is out there and he is about to pull a job and we are running out of time. Those truckers aren't lying down anymore. Maybe they will make it through the night. But ever single agency is coming down on them. If you don't want anything to happen to your brother, to Letty, to Leon or to Vince. Just get in the car with me right now. You have to help me."
"Help you take down my own brother? yeah. right Brian. Go find someone else to pretend to love then ask them to help you because I am not."  Violet tells him.
"I don't want you help to take them down I want your help to stop them doing this heist and I didn't pretend to love you everything I ever said I felt about you was the truth." Brian tells her. "Violet you are the only person that can help me right now. Please Violet, please help me."
Violet looked down and nodding knowing she had to do this for her family.
__________
Violets eyes travelled over the map which she held tightly in her hands.
"Civics are stashed somewhere outside of thermal." Violet tells Brian.
"And they wouldn't double back. Plus highway 10 is way too patrolled. So what does that leave us with then?" Brian asks.
"That leaves us with all this." Violet says looking back at the map and drawing a circle round the place they still have with her finger.
Brian groans as he sees how much space they have left before pulling out his phone. He types in a number before putting the phone to his ear.
"Yeah, this is officer Brian O'conner." Brian says.
Violet looks at Brian in disbelief once her said his last name.
"Serial number 34762. I need a cell phone trace." Brian says as Violet bits her bottom lip to hold back tears. "Vi, what's Dom's cell phone number." Violet ignored his question and he sighed. "Come on Violet. She needs Dom's cell phone number."
Violet turned and toke the phone out of Brian's hand before putting it to her ear as Brian felt his composure crack seeing the girl he loved broken because of him.
"3235556439." Violet says shakily.
Violet toss the phone back to Brian before looking out the window as he continued the conversation before closing his phone. The car was silent before Brian's phone rang again.
"Yeah?" Brian answers quickly. Violet heard talking on the other side before Brian looked at the map in her lap. Brian put his phone down before taking the map. "Let me see this." He looks at the map and back to the road before saying "Alright, I think we're about 40 miles away."
Violet cleared the throat knowing that they wouldn't make it before asking "What are you going to do?" Brian remained silent. "What are you going to do?"
__________
They'd been driving in silence for a hour as they neared the place where Brian thinks the crew is. Violet's eyes widen when she sees the sight in-front of her.
"Oh my god." Violet says making Brian look at her in concern as her body tensed up. "Brian, look."
Brian looked to where she was looking and saw Leon carrying a battered Letty before looking forward and seeing Vince hanging from the truck. They drove up beside the truck and Violet saw Vince's caught in a wire. Dom swerved to the side as Brian's car drove past him. Violet started to shove the top of the car of and Brian gave it one final shove before it flew off.
"Here take the wheel." Brian tells Violet.
"What do you mean take the wheel?" Violet asks.
"Take the wheel! Put your foot on the gas! I am going to get him!" Brian tells her.
"Are you insane!" Violet yelled.
"Put you foot on the gas." Brian tells her as she slides into his seat. "Keep it steady!"
Brian climbs on top of the car as Violet puts her foot on the gas.
"I got it." Violet yells back.
"Hey, he'a having a hard time holding on! Get me a little closer." Brian yells. "Hold it right there!"
Brian jumped of the car only just trapping the side of the truck.
"Vince! You got to hang in here with me right. Now! We're going to get you off this thing give me your arm." Brian says as Vince's eyes slowly start to shut. "Vince! Don't you dare fall asleep!"
Brian quickly made a start at untangling Vince's arm from the wire.
"Come on, Vince! Throw your arm around me! Don't let go!" Brian yelled. "Come on Vi! A little closer!"
Violet drove the car a little closer to the truck before Brian threw Vince into the car. Brian was looking for a good time to jump when Violet noticed the truck driver pointing a gun at Brian.
"Brian watch out!" Violet yelled.
Brian looked and saw the gun. His eyes widen before he jumped into the car. Brian landed on the windshield and Violet let go of the wheel with one hand and using it to grab hold of one of Brian's ignoring the butterflies in her stomach as the truck swerved towards them causing Violet to drift off the road.