46: Hear Your Voice

Dom was looking out of a window that over looks London

Dom was looking out of a window that over looks London. All he could think about was how was Letty still alive and why hadn't see come home?
"Thank god!" Tej says walking into the room with Roman and he sees all the new equipment. "Finally, some equipment I can work with!"
"What up, boy?" Roman asks Han as they fist bump.
"This is way better then that trash in Rio." Tej says.
"Has anyone heard from Tego or Santos?" Brian asks sliding a clip into a gun.
"Last time anyone saw them, they were hitting up the casinos in Monte Carlo." Han answers.
"I thought that was our last job Brian. And who's paying for all this equipment?" Roman asks looking around the room. "The taxpayers? So now we work for the Hulk. That's what we are doing? Why do I smell baby oil?"
"If you keep running your pie hole, your going to smell a ass kicking." Hobbs says causing Mia and Gisele to laugh.
"Alright Hobbs, you got the best crew in the world standing right in front of you. Give them a reason to stay." Dom says walking over.
"Our targets Owen shaw." Hobbs tells them throwing Shaws file on the table. "Former major in the S.A.S, Spec-ops solider. He ran the UK's mobility division in Kabul and Basra."
"Ah, damn. That mobility units the truth. We're talking vehicular warfare. Best in the world. Those guys don't mess around." Tej explains.
"You got some chips?" Roman quietly asks Han who turns the bag over to show it is empty.
"For years, they've been running jobs in Europe. But it's their most recent jobs that graduated them to a whole other level. Three targets, highly specific. The program terminal form an ICBM missle." Hobbs explains looking around at everyone.
"Got a little change?" Roman asks Tej.
"Seriously? You're a millionaire, and your still asking for money?" Tej asks handing Roman some coins.
"That's how you stay a millionaire." Roman answers while Mia laughs quietly at the glare that Hobbs was giving Roman.
"So what does all this mean?" Brian asks looking at some papers.
"Well our best guess is that Shaw's crew is building a nightshade device." Hobbs answers.
"Which is?" Mia asks.
"A tech bomb. Designed to block a entire military communication grid for 24 hours." Riley explains looking around at everyone.
"If you blind a soldier for a single second in a middle of a fight, he dies. If you blind a country for 24 hours, the loss of life is unthinkable. This could be worth billions to the right buyer." Hobbs explains.
"Billions? Why don't we just steal that shit?" Tej asks.
"Hey, man!" Roman shouts from the vending machine making everyone look at him. "Which one of these is a dollar? It says something about..."
Hobbs pulls out his gun and shoots the glass out of the vending machine.
"It's on the house." Hobbs tells him putting his gun back in his pocket before looking back at the rest of the team while Roman grabs some chips and walks back over. "I want you to help me catch Shaw. He's only got one piece left that he needs, and I intend to stop him before he gets it. Now, I know you guys are family. So, I'm offering you a chance right now to make that family whole again."
Hobbs then throws Letty's file onto the table causing Dom, Brian, Mia, Gisele and Han to look at it knowingly and Roman and Tej to look at each other confused.
"You want to make this family whole again? Get us to Letty, we'll get you to Shaw. Full pardons  all the way round." Brian tells Hobbs.
"I can't promise you that." Hobbs tells him.
"Yes, you can." Brian argues.
"That's the deal. Take it or leave it." Dom says standing in between Brian and Mia.
Hobbs looks at Dom before looking at the team and sees they won't budge.
"You get me Shaw, I'll get your pardons." Hobbs tells them.
"You heard him." Dom says looking at the team. "But this is different."
"We're not dealing with cops, we're not dealing with drug dealers. This is a whole different level." Brian explains.
"We're getting paid right!" Roman asks causing everyone to roll there eyes.
__________
Violet was standing in the doorway to Jacks bedroom watching him sleeping with a smile on her face. After a few moments she goes downstairs and sees Elena sitting on the sofa.
"Hey." Violet says sitting on the the seat opposite Elena.
"Hey." Elena replies.
"Thanks for coming." Violet says.  "I know there is no way Dom and Brian would have let me stay here by myself."
"It's okay." Elena says smiling. "I knew Dom would rather me be here then anyone else if Mia and Brian couldn't be here."
Violet was about to reply when her phone goes off.
"Brian?" Elena asks with a knowing smile.
"Yeah." Violet answers.
"Go answer it. It might be important." Elena tells her.
"Okay." Violet says before standing up and going to the kitchen before answering her phone.
"Hey Bri." Violet says.
"Hey baby." Brian replies over the phone.
"How is everyone? How are you?" Violet asks her husband.
"I'm good and so is everyone else." Brian tells her. "It feels weird not having you here."
"It feels weird not having you here as well." Violet says.
"Everyone's going to bed as it is late here in England so I better go so I don't keep everyone awake. I just wanted to hear your voice." Brian tells her.
"Okay. Promise me you'll be safe." Violet says.
"I promise, baby. I love you." Brian tells her.
"I love you to Bri." Violet says before hanging up.
Violet let's out a sigh before sliding down the fridge sighing. It was great hearing Brian's voice again but it only made her miss him more.