15: The Aftermaths

Letty and Leon had now left and Mia had gone to see Vince

Letty and Leon had now left and Mia had gone to see Vince. Violet was sitting in the house by herself when she heard shouting coming from outside. She put the book down that she was reading and went over to the window. Seeing the shouting was from Dom and Brian she stepped outside.
The pair continued to shout at each other until Violet shouted "Stop it Dom! It's over! Please!"
"Stay out of it Violet!" Dom shouted back.
Dom and Brian continued to yell at each other as Violet made her way over to them.
"GUYS JUST STOP!" Violet shouts making both look at her.
She was about to say something else until a car pulled up and Jesse stepped out.
"Dominic, I am so sorry! I don't know what I am doing! I am so scared right now! I don't know what's going on!" Jesse said.
Dom lowered his gun and turned to Jesse. "Jess, What were you thinking man?"
"I don't know! I panicked! I'm so sorry!" Jesse tells Dom.
Before anyone could respond Tran and his cousin comes past on their bikes and starts shooting at them. Brian  pulls Violet down.
"Jesse!" Violet shouts seeing him still standing up.
"Violet!" Both Dom and Brian shout as Violet gets up and runs over to Jesse pulling him down getting hit in the shoulder by 3 bullets in the process. Violet sees Jesse's eyes are closed before her eyes start to flutter shut. The final things she hears and sees are Mia getting out of the car as her, Dom and Brian shout hers and Jesse's name.
__________

Violet's eyes flutter open and she sees she is in a hospital bed. She looks around confused until her eyes land on Mia looking at the floor.
"Mia?" She says quietly.
Mia's head snaps up at the sound of her younger sisters weak but still bearable voice.
"Vi!" She says happily. "How are you feeling?"
"Confused I don't know what's going on." Violet says "Where's Dom, Jakob and Brian?"
Mia sighs knowing the news she has to tell Violet will break her heart.
"Well Jakob and you ran away when you were 8 you came back a few months ago but Jakob still hasn't returned." Mia tells her younger sister.
"I know that but I thought he would have come seeing as I am in the hospital." Violet replies ."What about Dom and Brian?"
"They both had to leave the country but they both told me to tell them when you wake up." Mia says.
"Ok." Violet says looking down before looking back up. "What happened anyway?"
"It's a long story I will explain when we get you home. Which will hopefully be in a few hours since you have now woken up." Mia explains.
"How long have I been here?" Violet asks.
"A week." Mia replies as a doctor comes into the room.
__________
It has been a few hours since Violet woke up on the hospital and she was finally home. But the doctor suggested she stays in bed for the next few days and not getting out unless she needs to. Mia explained the recent events to her.
Mia walked into the room with some stuff for her while Vince helped Violet into her bed.
"Thanks guys." Violet says smiling.
"No problem sis." Mia says
Violet notices that Vince and Mia were acting really weird.
"Are you guys okay? You are acting really weird." Violet asks.
Mia let's out a sigh before looking at her sister.
"When you are fully better Vince is moving to Rio." Mia tells her.
"That's great! You both are going to love it so much I went with my friends on holiday there once and..." Violet says.
"I am not going." Mia says Cutting her off.
"Why?" Violet asks.
"I am staying here with you." Mia says sitting down on the bed.
"You don't have to Mi I can take care of myself." Violet tells her "You should go it will be a lot of fun."
"I just don't want to leave you right after all of this has happened." Mia tells her.
"Mia I will be fine. If there is any problems I will call you." Violet tells her older sister.
"Promise?" Mia says.
"I promise." Violet replies as there is a knock on the door.
"I will go get it." Vince says before leaving the room.

When Vince opens the door he sees Brian.
"What are you doing here." Vince asks stepping outside and closing the door so the two girls upstairs couldn't hear. "Mia said you left the country."
"I was about to when I found out Violet woke up and was on bed rest. I just want to see her and explain why I did what I did then I will be gone forever." Brian tells Vince.
"You need to leave. You have already torn my family apart enough. So please leave before I start shouting and Violet and Mia find out your here." Vince says.
"Please Vince. I just want to see Violet for 2 minutes." Brian tells him.
"Go." Vince says sternly.
Brian sighs knowing he won't get through to Vince so walks towards his car and leaves.

Vince walks back upstairs and into Violet's room.
"Who was that?" Mia asks.
"Someone who was looking for a house and needed help on directions to it." Vince lies.
"Are you sure babe? You have that hint of nervousness in your voice." Mia asks.
"Yeah I am sure." Vince lies again.
"Okay." Mia says before turning her attention back to her sister.

__________

Brian drives for hours before he ends up in Miami. The whole ride all he could think about was Violet. And up until he went to sleep he thought about Violet. Even when he was asleep he dreamt about her.