18: Cafe Talk

"Where is your brother?" stasiak asked Violet for what felt like the hundredth time

"I'm telling you, I have no clue where he is, honestly." Violet replies.
"Bullshit! Tell me where Toretto is!" Stasiak yelled slamming his hands on the table causing Violet to flinch.
Before he could tell anymore his phone starting buzzing. He glared at Violet once more before stepping out of the room as someone else stepped in. A few moments after the second person stepped in the door opened again. As Violet wasn't looking towards the door she thought it was Stasiak until she heard his voice.
"Hey Tyler, we got a transfer." Violet looks up and sees Brian looking at her. "Do you want to come with me?"
Violet was about to refuse but remembered there was someone else in the room so just nodded grabbed her bag and stood up letting Brian led her out.
__________
Brian had took Violet to a cafe.
"I am almost finished." Violet tells Brian while she looks into her almost empty cup. "So, why don't you tell me why I am here Brian."
"You know they are going to capture Dom." Brian says causing Violet to tense up. "Maybe worse. I don't want you getting tangled up in it. So stay away from it."
"That's what you have to say to me after 5 years? All of a sudden you care about what happens to me?" Violet says.
"What I did to you was wrong. I'm sorry it was the hardest thing I've ever had to do." Brian says.
"I'm sorry to. I am sorry it was had for you to tear my family to shreds. I am sorry you had to come into my home a pretend to love me. I'm so sorry that was hard for you." Violet says sarcastically.
I lied to you. I lied to you, I lied to Mia, I lied to Dom, I lied to everyone it's what I do best. That's why the feds recruited me, because lying is what I do best. But one thing I didn't lie about is my feelings for you. I always loved you and I still do." Brian says.
"Maybe your lying to yourself. Maybe you aren't the good guy pretending to be the bad guy. Maybe your the bad guy pretending to be the good guy. Ever thought about that?" Violet asks.
"Everyday." Brian replies.
Violet nods before grabbing her bag and standing up. She was about I leave before she turned to Brian.
"You know. Mia told me that you let my brother go that day of the shooting." Violet says causing Brian to tense up thinking about that day and seeing Violet get shoot. "But I always have wondered. You did you let my brother go that day."
"I don't know." Brian replies looking down.
Violet nods before leaving.
"Shit." Brian says quietly knowing he had just let Violet walk out of his life again.
__________
When Violet got home she saw Mia, Dom and Vince sitting in the living room.
"Hey guys." Violet says.
"Violet where have you been we have been worried sick." Dom tells her.
"It doesn't matter." Violet tells him.
"Why are you wearing the same clothes you were wearing yesterday?" Dom asks.
"Because I didn't come home last night." Violet replies.
"Yeah we know that but why did you come home?" Mia asks.
"Oh for god sake I am 30 years old now. I can look after myself. You guys don't need to Interrogate me every time I come home in the morning instead of the evening." Violet tells them.
"It's only because we care about you Violet." Vince tells her.
"I know that.  It if there was a problem I would tell you." Violet says "I am going upstairs to get changed."
Violet didn't wait for a reply before walking upstairs. She lets out a sigh not knowing what to do.