Jan 11th

Word of the day:Countered

I had got out of the car and walked into the house the resistance used. It was our house. Our sanctuary. Our home

"KEMI! YOU'RE BACK!" Shouted Dani as soon as he saw me.

"Yeah." I said half heartedly. I wasn't really feeling it - plus, I hadn't seen my sister.

"Guess who I found!" Shouted Dani.

"Who?" I asked.

"KEMI!!!!!!!!!" I heard a small voice shout from around the corner.

"LUCI!!!!!!!!!!!" I shouted back, not knowing where to look. I hear her, but I couldn't see her.

"Shes out the back; Nancy's checking out her arm and stuff. She was pretty beat up when we found her." Said Becks.

"What did they do to her?" I asked even though I knew the answer.

"You know what they did to er." Said Becks, then he sighed "They cut her arm. A lot. And her back and legs. The beat her up quite bad too."

"I'm sorry." I said to Becks.

"Why are you apologising. You couldn't have stopped it."

"I know, but he only did it to get to me. It was because I hacked the government files bad. They found out and Smith was pissed at me. In the extreme."

"Still, you didn't know he would do that too her. Want something to eat?" Asked dani. Sometimes I forgot I was older than him, and I think he did as well.

"Definitely. I'm starving." I said and we walked into the kitchen.

Everyone around the table looked up when I walked in. They saw it was me and most of them ran over to me. Key word that: most. Kris didn't. He sat there looking like someone had just challenged him to a fight but he left his knife at home.

"KEMI!!!!" Some one shouted.

"It ain't been the same without you!"

"We missed you!"

"What did smith do to you?"

Ahh, I knew that question was coming.

"He made me hack government files. I didn't want to, but I had no choice. It was that or die." I said with a shrug.

"Then you should have let him kill you." Said Kris.

"What was that Kris?" I asked, even though I heard what he said perfectly.

"You heard. How could you have let smith get that!" He said "Now we have to lay low even more. How are we supposed to fight back if we have to hide the entire time?"

"The resistance ain't all about fighting. It's about hiding as well. We can't let him get us. Any of us."

"You let him take you." He COUNTERED.

"I didn't have much choice. With one bullet and three people, what was I supposed to do?" I demanded.

"How should I know. I'm not the leader of this so-called resistance." He said with a sneer.

"Well, unlucky for you Kris, I am the leader of this resistance. We all need to fight smith, he would use us. And also, being the leader of the resistance, gives me special power. Like being able to throw you out on the street without a pot to piss in. You get what I'm saying?" I asked him.

"Loud and clear, Kemi."

"Great, now lets eat. I'm starving