Feb 15th

Word of the day:

Recap...

"Yeah, and why would you care what Kemi thinks?" Kris asked Day.

"Because I love her!" Day replied.

Wait, what!?

"But you can't love her!" shouted Kris.

"What! Why not!" replied Day.

"BECAUSE I DO!" Kris replied.

Back to life, back to reality...

"What!" I shouted, really confused.

"I said I love you Kemi!" they both shouted.

"But that's not possible..." I whispered.

"Oh yes it is!" shouted Day "I love you!"

Then Smith walked in.

"Poymol, you're needed."

"Can it wait a second Smith?" I asked.

"No. Move yourself NOW!" he shouted.

Boy, I thought, we really must have pissed him off!

"Oh, Damien you as well. Your skill might be somewhat useful." said Smith.

I got up and walked to the door in the cell.

"Come on Day." I said with a shrug.

I stepped out and was blindfolded quickly.

Then handcuffed.

Behind me, I could hear Damien getting the same treatment.

"Was this really necessary?" I asked with a sigh..

"Yes." said Smith "I'm not giving you the slightest chance of getting away. You are mine."

"How friendly." commented Damien and I could hear the smirk in his voice.

"Shut up." said Smith "You are easily replaceable. I know of many hackers."

"But none quite as good as us hey Smith?" I asked.

"On the contary, many are. None as good as you Poymol, but Damien you are easily replaceable." he said with a laugh.

"Oh shut up Smith! No one cares what you think! I could probably count on one hand the number of people that actually posses a feeling for you that isn't bitter hatred! You've ruined family's, you've ruined lives! You've even gone as far as to ruin the entire country. You turn friend on friend, you make people

loath those around them because they have even an ounce of freedom! You wreck havoc where ever you go! And to be quite honest, you're a heartless, insensitive, uncaring, bastard of a man. You should go jump off a bridge." I said all in one breath.

Then I braced myself for the slap.

It didn't come.

I waited.

It still never came.

"You're right Poymol. But what does your little gang do? The exact same thing?"

"NO! We fight for freedom! We fight for what is right! We fight to become an independent nation! We fight for the right to be heard! But mainly, we fight to stay away from you."

"So when you kill someone it doesn't affect anyone?"

"I've never killed anyone!" I shouted.

"I believe otherwise. When you escape from here, what about the people that get shot?"

"Why do people get shot Smith?" I asked actually curious, although I tried not to let it show in my voice.

"My men try to shoot the truck - but sometimes they miss."

"Then you're the murderer, not me." I concluded.

"You steal from people who in turn die of hunger, or another reason because they have no money. You converse with people who in turn get shot by the government, or myself, for fraternising with fugitives. You buy houses built for thirty, forty people for the ten of you so you have somewhere to stay. What about the people that go homeless because of it? Have you ever thought about the repercussions of your actions?" he asked.

"YOU KNOW WHAT? I HAVE! I THINK ABOUT IT ALL THE TIME, NON STOP, BECAUSE I FEEL SO FUCKING GUILTY. BUT FIRST AND FORMOST, TO ME, IS THE SURVIVAL OF THE PEOPLE I CARE ABOUT, THE PEOPLE THAT DEPEND ON ME!" I shouted.

"So now you're trying to justify your actions?"

"What about you? You kill people on a daily basis! You capture innocent people just so you can have your way!"

"I never said I was perfect!"

"Neither did I. I just think that anyone who can walk with their head held high when they've done the things you have deserves to die a slow painful death."

That's when the slap came.

"If you weren't so useful I'd kill you." he spat at me.

Then he actually spat at me.

"You don't disagree with me then?" I asked.

"No. I just think you deserve worse."

"I never said I didn't. But not for any reason you know Smith."

---

Authors Note.

---

Did you like it? What do you think Kemi's done? Thanks for reading! VOMMENT! Please...