Mar 30th

Word of the day: dreams

(the letter)

Dear Kemi,

I'm sorry. I know this letter will get to you to late. I know I'll be dead and you'll be with Smith. I know you'll hate him. But please Kemi, listen to him. He's telling the truth... Let me explain.

You'll know how Smith moved down from Scotland, but you won't know about his bitter hatred we shared against the Italians. They ruined this country and I hated them for it. And so did Smith.

We often confided in one another about our dreams of becoming an independent nation again. But it hasn't happened, and I need you to help.

Smith and I formulated this plan, it's intricate and hard to follow, but you've always been so clever. I know, that when the time comes, you'll be able to understand the plan. I trust you.

So the plan, we started the plan just after you we're born. Smith had came down, still a boy from most accounts, fresh from fighting against the Italians. We decided that we would need to do something to get the Italians attention, to make them come, to make them attack us. We decided that we would build a hospital. I decided that it would be a hospital for the criminally insane and Smith went along with it. Together, we realised that one of us would have to die for the plan to work, I (being older and wiser and of less use to you when you get this) decided to be a sacrifice. Smith argued with me but I won. I am going to be the sacrifice. By the time you read this,I will have already been sacrificed. But I want you to know Smith fought, tooth and nail with me, to try and keep me alive. Anyway, months ago Smith was 'admitted' into the 'hospital'. On my word, he managed to get into contact with the government and they are on their way to rescue him.

Smith and I have decided that Smith will shoot me. Don't hate him for it. Please Kemi, I told him to. If the Italians get hold of me, they'll torture me and I know I could never withstand that. Once the Italians break into the hospital, Smith and the others will be broken out and Smith will shoot me. Then, once I'm dead, Smith will get into the governments pocket. This is where you come in. Smith doesn't like the Italians. He loves you and Dani and Luci as well. Trust him.

You need to start the war Kemi. You need to START the war. Smith'll help you. Just trust him. We have already thought of a plan to get the Italians to come to you, you can fight them on your terms. Smith will help you get the fighters you need. This will be hard, but I know you're so strong.

I have faith in you kiddo. Don't let me down. Remember, good things can come from some terrible nights... I love you Kemi. I'm sorry it has to be this way. I didn't mean for this to happen, but it has to. I love you. So much. Forever. Remember me Kemi. Remember the good times and the bad - the stupid jokes and the privet jokes - the laughs and the crys - the cuts and the bruises - Remember that I'll love you.

All my love, forever and always,

Dad

Xxx

P.s. No matter where I am, no matter how far away that might seem, it doesn't matter if I'm dead or living, it doesn't matter if the plan fails - just remember I'll always be proud of you. I'll love you forever, I'll love you for always...

---

Authors note

---

You can probably get from this letter what's going to happen now... Any thoughts??

Like?

Hate?

Tolerate?

VOMMENT!