Meeting In A Library

A/N: This is an Olivia Scott Welch x Reader chapter. Uhm... not really much thought behind this just thought it'd be cool. ALSO! Thanks for over 300 reads, almost at 400. Thanks y'all! 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Y/n quite liked going to the library as it was as if it was her sanctuary, she felt safe there as she quite liked the thought of old-fashioned things, she'd mostly be seen wearing clothes like black jeans or plad jeans, slip on black shoes with white socks, a white shirt with a preppy jumper with no sleeves over with a long, overised black coat. Y/n's favourite thing to do was write, especially whenever her thoughts were filled with ideas in the middle of that night that she'd go over to her desk, light a candle and start writing on a scrappy piece of paper, her handwriting was cursive but very messy but she didn't care. She found it more beautiful.

As she wondered the halls of the library, she noticed a newcomer that she hadn't seen before which startled her slightly as barely anyone would come in here. But then again, there was a section of toys to buy and it was like the library was also a bookshop and toyshop. A very old-fashioned and un-modern library but definitely one that attracted a lot of people's eyes who enjoyed old-fashioned libraries, Y/n being one of them.

She continuiously wondered the aisles of the library as she searched for a specific aisle, one that directly led her back to the newcomer; she had blonde hair with pinkish highlights, blue eyes, quite tall, slim, she seemed approachable but then again... Y/n was quite shy and timid as she wasn't the best with talking to other people. So, she stayed quiet not knowing she was staring the blonde haired girl down,

"You know, if you're going to stare. You may as well start a conversation." The blonde haired girl told Y/n as she grabbed a book glancing at her giving her a smile before turning back to the book, Y/n stood up more and cleared her throat.

"S-Sorry..." Y/n apologised as she looked down hesitantly, no longer leaning against the bookshelf, the girl giggled.

"No need to apologise. You're good." The girl assured Y/n with a small grin on her face. Y/n walked and stood next to her, her finger-tips tracing over each book as she scanned for a certain one. 

"Haven't seen you here before," Y/n announced quietly not looking at the blonde haired girl as she wasn't sure where this was going but tried her best as her mother always told her to branch out and put herself out there. "are you new around here? Or... just realising that this was a place?" Y/n asked her curiously as she picked up a book and scanned through it,

"Just visiting friends, they got busy with work so I decided to take a stroll around town." The girl explained to her, Y/n nodded her head as she understood how sometimes that can be nerve-racking, being in a new town for friends but them getting busy and leaving you on your own. Was definitely something that Y/n strongly disliked but then again, she was an introvert with a very low social bar that would quickly run out before she'd have an anxiety attack. 

"Ah, that must suck." Y/n told the girl, the girl turned to her.

"Would it?" 

"I don't know, do you like walking around new town's alone? Or being with your friends?" Y/n asked her still not looking at the girl next to her but she knew that the girl was staring her down as she felt her eyes piercing into the side of her head.

"Both." The girl answered, "I'm Olivia." she introduced putting a hand out, Y/n shook her hand looking away from the book and giving Olivia a small smile.

"Y/n." Y/n introduced, Olivia grinned.

"Nice name." Olivia complimented which made her slightly blush looking back down as they removed each other's hand from one another.