chapter 34

Geetha's pov :

I lowered my head trying to not show my unwillingness and annoyance to anyone.

I can hear the chattering sounds of my family the and the family to which I am going to become a new member after the marriage.

They were discussing about the wedding and all....and here I am trying to control myself.

It's becoming too much for me to bear.

I want to snap at them that I don't want to marry.

And I....I am helpless.

Ok...you guys are confused about the happenings right???
Let me fill you up with what happened in the past days.

It's been almost 6 months my dad said that my marriage is fixed.

In few more days my internship will be completed and I have already written my NEET PG exam a week back.
Thankfully I have written well and I have confidence that I could study my post-graduation in a good college.
Because I am sure my dad will not be willing to pay for my PG seat if I don't earn it myself and I can't possibly ask my to be husband's family too....
Anyways I can get one...I studied hard these months and I hope I get it.

I completely cut offyself from my parents because I feared they will bring up the marriage topic of I call them.
I reasoned that I need to manage both my studies and work , so I am not getting time for rest.
Thankfully my parents didn't said anything and gave me my space but they said they will wait for 6 more months not more than that.
At that time I immediately agreed to that.... because at that time I was really desperate to stop marriage talks for sometime atleast.

My friends were teasing me continuously these months that I am gonna marry and become someone's wife.
But they didn't know that I didn't want to become someone's wife, I just wished I would become Adi's wife which is not happening making me really sad.
But I just said that marriage will be after our internship.

When they asked why am I not talking with my fiance like any normal person do....they will atleast become friends before marriage.

I didn't try and even that person didn't try.

I liked to them that my parents are a bit orthodox and didn't want me to meet the guy before marriage..atleast not before the formal engagement and I respect their decision.
They believed my words.

So today we all came to the guy's house for the first time as they wanted to  meet me and even my family wanted to have a formal meeting.

I was having many thoughts in my mind. Sitting here in an unknown house I was uncertain of what my future is holding....
Will I be happy...may be not now but after a while?

I don't know....

"I am sorry beta....we haven't met you yet we already fixed the marriage alliance. Are you ok with this???" A person who looked a few years older than my dad spoke. I looked up to see him.

He is my to be father in law...he seems to be sweet.
"I am ok with that uncle." I said politely.

"No no...start calling me dad. I am not gonna accept you calling me uncle after marriage. So you better habituate before itself." He said in a warning tone.

I smiled a bit and nodded my head positively.

His mother looks sweet too as she had that smile since she entered this room.

She came and sat beside me....I stood up immediately as a respect for her.
In our family we don't usually sit when the guest are elders....

But she pulled me back to my seat by holding my hand.