chapter 67

Adarsh's pov:

Now looking at the small bed which could barely fit us two I couldn't help but think what to do right now to avoid this...

We can't add any more drama to our lives that it is already.

And she was waiting for me to respond but I couldn't think of any alternative , if I go and sleep outside her family may question our relation and stuff or even doubt us.

We already agreed that we will act as lovey dovey couple infront of parents irrespective if they are my mine or hers.

I can't go back on my words like that so I just nodded my head as approval to sleep here.
With that she hopped on the bed like a rabbit...
For a second I was worried...
Worried about the bed which almost died in her hands. What if it's broken??

Suddenly my something played in my mind...the clips of many movies where the young couple break their beds and how their relatives tease them regarding that.

Even if the bed in our room is broken I can assure that it's not because of certain activities yound couple indulge themselves into...
We are far away from that phase , or that's what I thought to be.

I am a man of self control I reminded myself.

When she asked me why I walked away I just said I was drunk.
I know it was lame but at that time I was really dumb and not know how to lie perfectly...
Yes lies...

I still remember how she said 'I love you' for me.
The look in her face...I can't forget that even if a vampire tries to put a veil over it...erasing that memory of mine.

But I was afraid...
I am a coward.
I didn't have any shame to admit that but what more do you expect from me??

I didn't believed in love at first place and somehow I magically landed up in this love land running behind a girl who I thought loves me back too...
But as reality sucks, she didn't.

And now after years of trial I was still unsuccessful in the mission of forgetting her and the situations compelled us to marry.

Ok I agree I had a chance to say no but I was little selfish and now she is suffering.

Now when I was waiting for her to open up about her freedom , by divorce she says I love you.

I was blank for a second...my head throbbed hearing this.
So I just walked away as I wanted to give myself some time , to process this indigestible information.
I needed time...so I took it , if for that I had become a coward I don't really have any regrets regarding that.

I know she might have felt bad but I tried to ignore it...as I am still not confident that she loves me, I can't believe it...

I don't want to hold onto that and only to be broken at last as I held onto a mirage all this time.
I don't have confidence that I will be alright at the end of this.

Thankfully she didn't really ignored me after that.
She tried to be normal with me I am very grateful for that.

I don't think we can love like complete strangers when we behaved like friends past month.

Eventhough it was little awkward we tried to act oblivious to that.

Next day her dad called me and informed me about her cousin sister's wedding we have to attend.

I had to take help from dad as our college and hospital director is a distant friend of his.

Inbetween all the chaos I bumped into Dr.divyanjali quite a few times as we work in the same hospital.
When she asked for a coffee I agreed immediately and we went for a coffee shop outside hospital as I don't want Geetha to know about this and she does something which can break dr.divyanjali's heart even more.

I explained the whole thing that I cannot fall in love with her as I already have a girl in my life whom I love.
Thankfully she smiled in understanding and wished me all well in my life.
I was unsure about that...yet I thanked for her well wishes.
I said we will act as lovey dovey couple infront of our parents as I don't want them to know about the differences or issues between us.
We shouldn't let them worried.
Now that I know she is not liking anyother guy nor wanting to divorce me I think we can workout on our relation slowly...
Her liking me is enough as I still don't believe to the fullest that she loves me.
I am in denial.
So we had this little agreement.

And when our leaves are granted we travelled back to Hyderabad.
Eventhough I said I will book flight tickets she was adamant as she wanted to enjoy train journey.

But to my dismay as we are booking tickets on short notice AC tier seat were fully books so we had to settle with sleeping class.

I was little tired but I think I could manage...

After going back home I met my friends...I forgot the measure of time so I hurried back home when it was almost 4.
I drived us both to her home.
The memories from past rushed back to me and I was sucked into past like I am in vacuum.
When I dropped her to her home while she was shopping with Bhabhi.

How hesitantly she wrapped her hands on my back when I hugged her right here.

I shook my head and scolded myslef for being struck at past.
I woke her up and she behaved as weirdly as she has been behaving past two months.

She always looks at me like I am an eyecandy.
At first I did not knew why she was glancing in my direction. I thought she lost her minds.
But when she proposed me everything came to thier place...the little puzzle in my mind was now all solved.
She was checking me out all the time where as I was looking at her strangely.

But she went overboard when she pushed all the fault that I was the reason for our late arrival.
I could only suck up the anger and smile sweetly and apologetically.

After our dinner she called to our room...
And here were are .
Having little place to sleep in.

She slept on her right side while I slept on my left side glancing at her for the lats time.

Tiredness took over me as I slept really quick in addition to that there was no air-conditioning here didn't changed the fact.
But my sleep was interuppted when I felt some weight over me.

When I opened my eyes groggily I could only see blackness tooling over me that I was scared a bit.
Something was covering my face...
I tried to move my arms only to realise that Geetha was sleeping with her body sprawling on me and her hair spread on my face covering my eyes.
I moved them back and tried to move her back too but her hold on me tightened as she now hugged my waist as the last thread she is holding onto near a cliff.
I could only sigh as I tried to make myself comfortable in this position and drifted back to sleep.

'i wonder what would be her reaction if she gets to know about this...'

***
Please do vote and comment