chapter 37

Adarsh's pov :

I was so angry.....
Angry at myself for being so effected by her, even after 2 long years when I said to myself all the way along that I would not do the same thing again...I won't be so lost in love that it would make me so sad and I lost myself somewhere.

After struggling a lot for 2 years I finally   stood up on my feet, leading a peaceful life eventhough it was filled with sadness and was not as lively as I lived before but still I was not as heartbroken  and lost my will to live as I was at the moment she rejected me.

Now....I assured myself and habituated myself for these busy life.

All I want from my life now is to become a renowned cardiologist where people respect me for what I am.

I didn't have any expectations regarding my personal life anymore.
And girls are out ofcthe topic.

Her rejection surely brought a dislike towards girls in me combined with my past it was an obstacle for me to even talk with a girl of my age at the starting which I overcame now.
I could hold a professional conversation without any discomfort or my personal feelings coming in between now....for which I am really glad because I want to be a good doctor who helps his patients not only in physical terms but also give them the mental support they need.

I am now in PG 2nd year....in one more year I will be a well certified , but I plan to do specialization in cardiology not just stop with my studies right now.

My parents......

I sighed thinking about them.

There are many dynamics changed between us innthe 2 years.

Before 2 years I hated them to my core.....I couldn't tolerate seeing their faces too.

But now I can hold a normal conversation without any fights which is a huge progress according to me.

I still hate my dad....but the stepmother, I didn't really hate her from the start, I just didn't liked her presence in my life, she didn't mean much to me.

But everything changed overnight.....

It was a month since my heart was broken to the extent that I was so lost in my thoughts, doing mistakes in the work and got many scoldings from my professor as I wasn't like that before
He was angry at me for my carelessness that he punished me to do paperwork for a month.

I was already failed in my personal life which meant so much to me...I had many dreams about our life together, our love which were shattered into pieces.
So I was shaken when I heard about my punishment.

I wanted to beg him to not punish me....but my self-respect came in between and honestly I deserved that.

What could he do when I was not doing my work with due respect and concentration???

I was so sad.....

I have already shifted back to home to ignore my friends as I couldn't answer them anything if they ask about my plight.

I said my parents needed me....it was so laughable because I wasn't not a good son to them, and they weren't the parents I wished them to be.
We just ignore each other's existence.
But they didn't questioned me much.

Like everyday I reached home late at night.
I di not have any dinner....I could see the dining table filled with dishes as it will be everyday.
My stepmother did that from the day she saw me coming home daily......

But like everyday I ignored that as I walked to the rack beside the table which was filled with all the drinks which can make me forget about my so called life which had nothing but sadness atleast for a while.