chapter 75

Geetha's pov :

He was walking ahead of me not caring a bit about me.
And I was sulking...while I tried to catch up with him.
But sadly he got long legs which made that task more than impossible.

I was already angry with him and his ignorance made me very mad.

What he is doing is just testing my patience...

I couldn't control myself anymore as I yelled at him.

"Adi...can't you wait for me a little bit!!!"

He looked back at me and shrugged his shoulders as it it's doesn't matter much.

"I am just little excited. I have never been to agricultural fields." He said cutely.

I would have been drooled if it was another time and admired about how cute he looks

I shook my head removing all these thoughts as I took quick strides walking behind him.

"Are these all belong to your family??" He questioned me.

"Yes...all the land you can see now is ours." I said.

"It's very beautiful. I feel like I missed something for long time." He said admiring the green paddy fields.

I sighed as I nodded closing my eyes tight feeling the cool breeze touching my skin...how my hair was moving in the direction of air making my hair more messy than it already was.
But it brought a positive smile for the first time on my face since yesterday's fiasco.

"Let's walk there." Adi said pointing towards the far side of the fields.

I nodded as I walked along the narrow path trying to go there.

"You know there was an Indian jujube tree which was so tall....when we were kids we used to collect them in our pockets until it's full and when we get home Amma used to scold me for soiling my clothes.
At that time I was very sad but know when I reminisce that it felt sweet all over." I said.

Only after saying I realised that I am sharing my beautiful memories with him when he don't care about me.
I mentally scolded myself for doing that and remind me to not do that twice.
But that thought flew away when he said.

"Even the small picnics I used to go with Dad were so memorable.
I still like the worst sandwiches he make in the pretext of making the delicious one."

I wanted to ask about mom that's when I remembered that they weren't talking on terms then...
But I wonder how sad mom must have felt.

"Yeah...it's so memorable, we will cherish them for our life time." I said genuinely seeing the small smile on his lips.

"Then let's go quickly...let's see if the tree is still there or not." He said enthusiastically.

I nodded my head as I took quick strides.

Now we entered the paddy fields so the path we should walk became even narrow as only wild grass was covering the heap on soil above which we gotta walk carefully.

I was trying to balance on my feet as the floor is little slippery by spreading my arms apart and also ticked my pallu near my bare waist because I don't want to fall here...

Yuck!!! It's too ugly.

The whole field was full of muddy water. I can't take chances so I was walking carefully.

"Geetha walk carefully!!!" Adi exclaimed looking at how I just lost the balance of my foot when I stepped on the wet grass but thankgod and thank my good reflexes I balanced myself before I fell flat on my face in this dirty water and make myself dirty.