Chapter 23 War

Jason and I woke early the next morning with the thoughts of what the moon goddess had said on our minds. She spoke of a war but as far as we knew there had been no major problems recently. The normal amount of rouge attacks and such but nothing out of the normal. We quickly got up and dressed for the day before stopping by and grabbing the baby from the nursery. We grabbed a bottle for her and went into Jason's office before calling all of the higher ranking wolves for a meeting including the former alpha and luna. It was a hard pill for them to swallow what we had told them. But they took it pretty well taking everything into consideration. We gave everyone different tasks to complete to prepare for the oncoming threat. We didn't know what it was or when it was going to hit but we needed to be prepared for anything and everything.

     Everyone dispersed with their orders. Training would become harder and last longer now to prepare for the coming war and patrol around the pack property was doubled. We also knew that there had to be some sort of history about this so we also had someone going to the pack with the biggest historical library to try to find out more information. On top of all of that we are calling all surrounding packs to try to get more help and to warn them about what's to come. We were having them set up camp at the pack house to help have a united force to stand against what's coming, whatever that might be. The baby fell asleep half way threw this and her nanny came to bring Ari to her room for her nap.

     I stood next to Jason as he spoke and was mesmerized by him. I wanted to run my hands threw his hair and kiss him forever. Completing the mating mark made it hard to keep my hands off of him and the fact that we hadn't actually mated made it even harder. As the meeting was ending he noticed my gaze. He looked at me smirking and sent a wink my way. I blushed looking away as he said his good byes to everyone. He shut the door to his office and locked it. He turned around and leaned against the door looking at me from my feet to my stomach to my breast which his eyes lingered on to my lips and then my eyes. I swear it felt like he was running his hands up my body. By time he reached my eyes I felt flushed and my breathing was slightly labored. His eyes were dark and black was starting to swirl in them. I felt myself get wet and his eyes deepened with lust as he smelled it. He slowly started to walk towards me. I back up as he walked forward until my back hit the wall.

     He put his hands on either side of me on the wall. He ducked his head down putting his head into my neck and inhaled deeply, "God you smell so fucking good."

     I took in a deep shaky breath as he ran kisses up and down my neck and jaw before hovering his lips just above mine. He grabbed my arms and put them above my head, I gasped at the unexpected contact. He put both my my wrists into one hand as he crashed his lips to mine and put one hand on my waist pulling our bodies as close together as possible. I felt the electricity coursing threw us as I tried to pull my hands down. I needed to touch him.

     I let out an annoyed whine as he chuckled against my lips, "All in good time love."

     I gasped as he flipped me around quickly still holding my hands in his grasp but now behind my back. With his free hand he pulled my hair over one shoulder and ran kisses up and down my neck. I felt a jolt of heat and moaned as he scrapped his teeth across my new mark. I was surprised as he abruptly pulled away and went to sit behind his desk again like nothing happened. I turned around slowly glaring at him. He sent me a smirk and shrugged as there was a knock on the door. My body was still vibrating and my face felt flushed as he yelled for them to come in.

     A nurse from the pack hospital came in and bowed her head at us, " Alpha, Luna, you asked me to come and get you when it was time for the Lunas check up."

     I ducked my head and Jason nodded as she left, "You knew what time is was didn't you? You buttface."

     He looked at me with amusement, "Buttface? I don't think anyone has ever called me that."

     I grinned back, "Well I call em like I see em buttface."

     I saw the mischievous lookin in his eyes as he smiled and started walking to me, "Well now you've done it."

     I backed away holding a hand up to try to slow him down, "Now hold on a minute. What do you think you're doing?"

     "You think your so funny? I'll give you a reason to laugh," he said this as he lunged towards me.

     I turned to run and squealed as he grabbed me up and started to tickle me relentlessly. He ticked until we were both breathless and I had the hiccups. He smiled down at me pecking my lips and grabbed my hand as he pulled me out the door to lead me to the pack doctor for my check up. I looked down at our intertwined hands and back up as his smiling face. Somehow everything with us was coming together as everything else fell apart. This was the happiest and the scariest time of my life all at the same time.