Chapter 7 Part One-Damaged

Kearstin P.O.V

     I woke up after a restless night and I quickly got ready before I could chicken out. I took deep calming breaths as the water from the shower ran down my back. I washed away all traces of makeup from the night before. I pulled on a pair of jean shorts and a white tank top. I walked into the kitchen and popped a few Advil for the head ache I always seemed to have now before I ran to my car. I took a deep breath started it and headed out to Jason's pack house.

     The drive went by quicker than I would have liked. The outside of the house had a natural stone design a dark gray roof and a large wooden front door. I pulled down the mirror and took one last look at my appearance. It would have to do. I wasn't here to look pretty. I sighed as I stepped out of my car and walked up to the door. I raised my hand to knock then lowered it. What was I doing? I'm the Luna. I don't need to knock. I pushed the door and was surprised to find it unlocked. I shrugged it off and followed my mates' scent to where it got the strongest which must have been his bedroom.

     I gathered myself and knocked firmly on his door, " Jason? It's me, Kearstin. Open up, we need to talk."

   I heard shuffling around and a thump right before the door was opening. I was momentarily distracted by his bare chest. I shook it off and said, "What was that thump?"

     He looked nervous, "Must have been an animal."

     "That sounded too big for a common sized animal."

     "Maybe it was a bear. Why are you here Kearstin?"

     I frowned. I knew he was lying. I didn't know why but and I let it go. "May I come in?"

     He silently stepped back letting me in. I walked over to the desk in his room and trailed my fingers across the surface. I sat in the chair in front of it. I looked up to find Jason studying me.

     He quickly looked away and sat on his bed, "What did you need Kearstin?"

     I opened and closed my mouth a few times not really knowing what to say. So I went with the truth. "I don't know where to start."

     A smirk showed up on his handsome face, " Try the beginning."

     I smiled at his smart remark, "I was always the type of girl that thought to find your mate would be like a fairy tale. Living with my mom wasn't always the best. I love my mom with everything in me but she married a horrible human when her mate died. But before she married him she had me. I'm half human. She had a one night stand with a human. Because of this I shifted late and didn't have a lot of friends in my old pack. When I did shift things got a little better with the pack but my step father got worse. I guess he didn't like seeing me happy. I prayed every day that my mate and I would meet and it would be like magic. He would take me away from the horrible life I was living and it would be like a fairy tale. I didn't want an alpha I just wanted someone that would love me no matter what and think I was beautiful. When I saw you with someone else I was so enraged and I never gave a thought to how you felt. You never found your mate so you chose someone. I should have let you explain and given you time. When things weren't like I had thought they should be, I got mad, and refused to give it another thought. I'm so sorry please forgive me."

     By the end of my speech, I was in tears and I was practically whispering. I looked down unable to bring myself to look at his face. After a few minutes of him not responding I stood up and began to walk to the door. I did my part. Now he could come to me. I walked out of the room and to my car. More tears spilling from my eyes as I realized he wasn't going to follow me. Even all of that wasn't enough.

Jason P.O.V

     I watched in shock as Kearstin walked away from me and out the door. After a few minutes, I walked to my desk and picked up the phone determined to find out who her old pack was. I was going to pay them all a visit and find out everything I could about my damaged mate.