Chapter 27 Assault

Jason POV

     I ran a hand threw my hair as I knocked on the door to Darren's parents. I raised my hand in frustration of growing impatience as the door came open. A small women with short brown hair looked up at me surprised as she lowered her head in respect.

     "Alpha, I didn't know I was to be expecting you today."

     I nodded as I said, "I'm sorry for the intrusion but have you seen your son recently? I really need to find him."

     She seemed confused by my question, "I'm sorry Alpha but we don't see him very much with his work in the pack house he doesn't stay here very often anymore, I'm sorry."

     "I'm sorry to tell you like this but we suspect Darrin has taken my mate."

     Her face scrunched up in confusion, "Why would he do that? I don't understand."

     "We are unsure but I'm trying to figure that out and find out where he might have taken her."

    I could see her think  for a moment before she said, "I might be able to help. He has a journal he use to keep religiously. Let me just go grab it."

     She opened the door wider as she led me in to wait as she found it. I looked around at the cream colored walls and normal looking house. Some plants here and there and gray couch with a coffee table and a tv setting on a stand in front of it. I turned as I heard her coming back down the hall.

     "I don't know why my boy has done this but I hope this helps," she handed me a small journal that looked a little worse for wear.

     "Thank you. And one more thing. Do you have any idea of any places he could have taken her. Anything on your property that he could have hidden her in?"

     She thought for a moment before saying, "There is an area with some old storage containers that we used during the war for storage. Let me grab the papers from my husbands office with the land maps."

     I followed her to the office this time and watched as she riffled threw drawers before she finally pulled some papers out and set them on the table. She pulled out a pen and circled something on it before handing it to me.

     "I circled around the area where they are on the property."

     I nodded as I turned to leave stopping as she spoke, "And Alpha? I'm so sorry for what my son has done to you and the Luna. I don't know why he is doing this but I am truly sorry."

        I pressed my lips into a thin line nodding as I acknowledged her apology as I quickly left the home. I quickly got into the car as I threw the journal into the seat and threw the car into drive not even bothering with my seat belt. I fought the panic and fear I felt as I completed the short drive back to the pack house. He had already had her for at least four hour by this time. The worst part is that even reaching out I could not feel her. I couldn't reach her threw our link. Worst case he took her too far away for the link to work and the better case is she was drugged which wasn't really much better.

     I ran back to my office where people were waiting and I threw the journal at my beta, "Read threw this. Start with the entry's that are from the last year and see if you can find anything."

     I pulled out the map and showed them the places that were on the property where he could have possibly taken her.

     My beta looked at it and said, "Wait didn't we just approve a request from Darrin to put in electric for a workshop out there?"

     I went over to the paper pile and pulled out the request. Damnit we had, and it was one that Kearstin herself had approved. I ran a hand threw my hair as I handed him the paper.