Chapter 16 The Date

Kearstin P.O.V

     I was confused as we pulled up to an empty dark meadow surrounded by trees. I mean don't get me wrong, we can see just fine, but a dark meadow? Really? I pulled off my helmet and faced Jason raising an eyebrow. Jason smiled at me and grabbed the things out of the side cart and set up the blanket on the ground. He then sat down signaling that I should sit down as well. I sat still slightly confused. Jason then clapped his hands and all the trees around us lit up with hundreds of twinkling white lights. It created a warm glow in the circle we were in without making it so bright that the intimacy was lost.

     "This is so beautiful," I said with wonder.

     I heard a chuckle and I had been so preoccupied that I had forgotten until he laughed that he was there. I looked over to see him watching me as I looked around in wonder. "How did you do all of this?"

    "I had some help."

     "Well I absolutely love it."

     "I thought we could have a cozy quiet dinner out here with no body around to bother us. It also gives us a chance to learn more about each other. We don't really know a lot about each other."

     He began pulling the things out of the basket and I smelt fried chicken that made my mouth water. I dug in as we ate in silence. I finished with a sigh of content as i patted my stomach and Jason laughed at my reaction. I watched as he finished up and he had BBQ sauce on the corner of his mouth. I pointed at his mouth and he licked all around seeming to miss it.

     "Wait let me get it."

     I suddenly felt brave. I reached my hand forward acting like I saw going to wipe of the sauce, but I slipped my hand behind his head and pulled his lips to mine. He froze at first surprised that I had been so forward. I used this to my advantage as I climbed onto his lap and slipped my tongue into his mouth. He finally reacted as he let out a groan and tangled one hand in my hair as the other one rested on my hip. I groaned in response as I tangled my hands in his hair pulling lightly. He shifted so that I was on my back and he was hovering over me. I felt the pressure building in my stomach just at this little bit of contact. He disconnected his lips just to trail them down my neck. I let out a breathy moan as his teeth grazed the spot where he would mark me, between my shoulder and my neck. My wolf howled in joy as she knew we were about to be marked and claimed forever, but suddenly Jason froze. I looked up into his eyes and realized that someone had mind linked him. I swore under my breath and waited for it to end knowing he wouldn't move until it was over. When he finally came out of it the apologetic look on his face let me know everything. Our date was over and he couldn't even tell me why, because I'm not officially Luna of the pack yet. I was his mate without any of the responsibilities or privileges. Most mates would have been marked and fully mated by now, but we weren't.

     By this time he had already climbed off of me and was beginning to clean up our mess from dinner. My once comfortably full stomach felt like there was cement sitting at the bottom of my stomach and it made me sick. I know the laws but the reality of it is that we would have already been mated by now if it weren't for him. I quietly got up not acknowledging him and walking back to the bike. I climbed into the side cart not wanting to touch him. I pulled on my helmet and waited for him. He walked up a few minutes later and sighed when he saw where I was sitting. He didn't say anything, all he did was strap the basket to the bike before climbing on and taking off. I watched as the trees passed by quickly.

     When we arrived at the house I didn't wait for him to say anything I stood right up and made my way to my room. I stayed polite and nodded to those who bowed their head in respect and said, "Luna." Luna? ha! If only they knew how much of a joke that really is. Luna with no responsibilities, power, or opinion for that matter. Just a mate to an alpha that never wanted me anyways.