Chapter 22 Marked

We quietly snuck out as to not wake her with the pack nanny waiting patently outside the door. I looked at my watch surprised at how late it was and how tired I was. How can someone who was just asleep for 4 months be so tired?

     Almost like he read my mind Jason chuckled as we walked towards our room. "You weren't just sleeping my love, you were healing.... because of me."

     He suddenly had a sad and dark look on his face that broke my heart. I reached up and gently put a hand on the side of his face, "Not because of you, for you, for our family."

     "But if I hadn't-"

     I silenced him with a quick kiss, "Don't you see this always had to happen. This was all part of the moon goddesses plan for us."

     He still looked slightly troubled but nodded in agreement. I could still see the guilt in his eyes but he also knew I was right. We finally stopped in front of our door and I was all of a sudden very nervous. This was the first time we would be on truly good terms and alone together.

     He saw how I picked at my fingers and fidgeted and grab my hand in his large one. I focused of that. These were working hands. They were rough and callused and warm with little scars all over, probably from fighting.

     He opened the door and we sat next to each other on the bed. I looked at our hands and took mine so I could flip his hand over and trace all of the scars and veins that stood out on his strong hands. I eventually felt my nervousness ease away into the easy silence. I looked up and found his bright blue eyes studying my every move. All the love in his eyes almost brought me to tears. 

     I quickly straddled him and saw the surprise in his eyes as I kissed him. It started out slow and sweet but I began rocking against him and deepened the kiss. He let out a groan as he flipped us and I was all of a sudden underneath him. I looked at him shocked and I could see the amusement in his eyes.

     "Now my love you just came out of a coma. We should probably wait for doctor approval before we do anything strenuous like this."

     I pouted in disappointment. He just smiled at the small gesture and pulled me into his arms. I could hear the low rumble in his chest as he chuckles at me. I could feel him become very serious as he leaned back to look at me.

     "I know something we can do though. It would only strengthen you. I could complete my mark on you. It would help you draw off my strength to heal and we would be connected so you could communicate with me and-"

     I cut off his babble with a kiss to his lips, "Of course I want you to mark me."

     I saw all the worry drain from his face as it was replaced by joy. We both laid back on the bed and for what seemed like forever he just traced the lines of my face my shoulders my collar bones. Who knew such innocent touches could make a fire burn so bad in my belly.

     I looked into his mischievous eyes and realized they weren't innocent at all. That was fine. Two could play at that game. Mating marks could be really messy so I sat up and pulled my shirt over my head and helped him pull his off. I could see the burning in his eyes and the regret of saying we should wait for doctor clearance.

     I laid back down and smiled. He smiled back at me and came to hover over my body. I held my breath as his lips lightly grazed the spot where he would mark me as his. He worked the spot and kissed it until all of a sudden I felt a sharp pain followed by the most intense pleasure I have ever felt.

     It was like a very intense orgasm that just kept going. All of a sudden as I felt like I couldn't go any higher a bright sort of light flashed in my head and I was in a place of all white. I looked around and saw my wolf next to me and a larger one across the way with Jason next to it. He looked just as confused as me as our two groups walked up to another.

     I heard my wolf then, Well this is a new one

     I looked at her, "Your telling me. I've never heard of a mating bond so strong that you enter a place where both of the mates and their wolfs exist, and I didn't even get to mark him back yet."

     Jason's wolf spoke up, I've heard rumors of a sort of alpha and Luna of all wolfs. They have a deeper connected than any other mated couple and have the ability to bring all packs together. But this gift only happens in a time of great need when a war is looming around the corner.

    We all looked at each other confused. Jason looked at him, "And how would you know that?"

     You think you are the first man to posses me? I've been around.

     Jason and I looked shocked at each other as I looked at my wolf questioning, "You haven't just been my wolf? Why didn't you tell me?"

     She lightly shrugs her shoulder, It wasn't necessary information and we generally try not to mention it because of confusion like this.

     I saw the sharp look she gave her mate as he looked at her sheepishly. I went to stand with Jason as our wolfs went over to lay and spend some time together before we returned back to reality. I laughed as I watched her nip at him for giving away secrets that we weren't suppose to know.

     I heard the low rumble from Jason's laugh and felt it threw my chest as I leaned my back against him. They must have been done because I was all of a sudden sucked back into reality almost like the suction of a vacuum cleaner.

     As I came to Jason was licking a very sensitive and tender mark. I felt pleasure jolt threw me with every lick. Somehow all of his touches burned me even more now that I was marked. I opened my eyes and looked at my handsome loving mate. He looked down at me and I could just feel the happiness and love radiating off of him. It was hard not to be in a good mood but not we had to think about what Jason's wolf said about an impending war.

     Of course just when everything seems perfect there is something else looming over us like dark rain clouds that just won't clear up. But right now I was going to enjoy this little nugget of happiness and we can deal with the gloom and doom tomorrow. I cuddled into Jason's side burying my nose into his neck as I fell into a deep sleep.