Chapter 3 Regret

Jason's POV

     I watched my mate run away feeling a pain in my heart. What the hell had I done? Amanda walked up to me with a confused look on her face. We had thought we were mates. Was it possible to have more than one mate at a time? No, there's no way. But there was no denying the electricity that passed threw us when we touched.

     I could hear my wolf in the back of my mind growling at me demanding I go after her. I shut him out as Amanda started to speak, "Is it true? It's that woman your mate?"

     I could see the anger in her eyes, "Of course not my love. My wolf chose you, and only you."

     I could feel the lie as it rolled off my tongue leaving a sour taste in my mouth. I couldn't feel her the same way I did before. The connection was still there but only because I marked her. Although, she seemed to relax after that and she smiled as she hugged me. I looked up and saw all of the disappointed looks from Cody's pack. The worst look though was the murderous look that Cody himself was giving me. If looks could kill I would be dead.

     I shifted uncomfortably avoiding his gaze, "I suppose I should be going."

     Cody glared at me, "Yea, you do that."

     I gathered my pack and we all shifted making the two hour run back to our pack house. The whole run the pack was silent. My mates face when I rejected her kept coming back to my mind. I kept my mental wall up making sure no one would intrude and see what was going through my mind. I'm not even sure what's going on in my head. Did I do the right thing? Even my wolf didn't agree with my decision.

     Amanda and I went to the room we shared when we arrived back home. As we laid there I had my back to her. She gently started to kiss my neck and nibble on my ear, but I was in no mood. I pretended to sleep and even let out a little snore to make it believable. She let out a small sigh as she turned her back to mine. As her breathing deepened into sleep I slipped out of bed careful not to wake her. I took a deep breath and stepped out on the balcony into the cool night air and looked up into the moon. 

     You've really messed up this time.

     I growled hearing my wolf dare to judge me. He had caused this. If it wasn't for him then I would have never been with Amanda and I would be with my true mate now.

     "Then why make me think Amanda was our mate?"

     Her wolf was so sure and we hadn't found our mate. So I just went along with it. We are thirty and I didn't think we were going to find her so I went for the next best thing.

     I growled; I couldn't believe my wolf did this to me. I rubbed my hands down my face in frustration. What have I done?

Kearstin P.O.V

     I woke up the next morning with a pounding head ache feeling like I hadn't slept at all. My pillow was soaking wet like I had cried in my sleep the entire night. I moaned as I sat up rubbing my face and sore eyes. I went to the closet and pulled on some sweat pants and a t-shirt shirt. I then pulled my hair in a messy bun before heading downstairs. As I walked into the kitchen I smelt pancakes and maple syrup mixed in the air. I was nauseous from not feeling well and gagged at the smell. As I walked in I saw my brothers mate cooking. She turned around and smiled brightly at me. I managed a small smile back.

     "Are your hungry Kearstin? I'm making breakfast to order today. Whatever you want."

     "No. I don't really feel good, but thank you."

     Her and Cody shared a concerned look before she kept cooking for the rest of the pack. Cody got up and motioned with his hand for me to follow him. I sighed as we went down many hall ways until we came to an office. I didn't really want to talk.