Chapter 9 Dreams

Kearstin P.O.V

     I groaned as I felt myself being shaken. I opened my eyes rolling over to see a little girl with black hair and green eyes that looked like a perfect combo of Jason and I.

     "Mama I'm hungry."

     I smiled standing up. I had no control over what I was doing. I was in my own body but it was like watching a movie.

     "Wake Daddy up for me Rose while mommy makes something."

     I smiled at the mischievous look on her beautiful little face as I walked out of the room. I heard a playful growl and giggles as I pulled out the things for pancakes and bacon and smiled. Suddenly out came a little girl hanging upside down in Jason's arms. He grinned at me setting her down.

     "Why don't you go watch tv until breakfast is done rug rat?"

     Rose giggled as she ran for the living room. I heard the tv switch on as Jason walked up to me and rubbed my stomach lovingly.

     He leaned down, "How is dad's little boys today?"

     I smiled, "Honey the pack doctor told you these are girls too."

     I giggled as he said, "And I'm telling you that quack had no idea what she's talking about. She thought Rose was a little boy."

     I giggled again, "I love you."

     Jason smiled standing up, "I love you too babe."

     He kissed me and suddenly the vision in front of me changed as I came into contact with a hard surface.

     I groaned. Why are my dreams so cruel? I pulled myself up from the ground going into the bathroom. I was washing my face when I hear a light knock on my door. I quickly dried my face opening my door. I was surprised to see Cody.

     I stood back allowing him in, "I need to talk to you about something.... I think you should move into Jason's pack house.... Today. I know you haven't gotten along well but his pack needs their Luna. You don't need to like him but don't punish his pack."

     I nodded seeing his reasons, "I understand and you are definitely right. I don't want to but if I'm going to be a Luna I will have to learn about sacrifice."

     I sounded confident when I said this but I felt anything but. I didn't want to do this. I wanted Jason to ask me because he wanted me to and he loves me, not because my brother asked me because Jason's pack needs it. If this situation had taught me anything is that being mates didn't automatically make you fall in love. As I looked back up from my lap Cody was gone. He must have seen how deep in thought I was and showed himself out.

     I sighed standing up and packing the few of my things I had taken out. I then started to head to the car with my boxes. Some of the boys obviously knew what was going on and offered to help, I accepted graciously. It was all in the car before I realized it, except for a duffle bag so I could shower before leaving.

     I took my time not wanting to be around Jason anytime soon. I washed my hair and body and took the extra time to shave. As I dried off I wrapped the towel around my hair and pulled on a matching black bra and panty set. I then pulled on a pair of blue jeans a purple shirt and a pair of flats. I towel dried my hair leaving it to air dry the rest of the way.

     I went down stairs with my bag and took some frozen pancakes out. At least I could have one thing from my dream. I ate slowly savoring every bite. Finally realizing I had waited as long as I could I said a quick goodbye to my brothers, sister and niece before I went out to my car. I pulled out looking at the house in my rear view mirror remembering the night I left my mom's pack. It was only about 3 weeks ago but it felt like a life time.

     I took my time driving and it was late afternoon when I arrived. I stood up and walked slowly to the door. I took a deep breath and knocked the door was answered by a woman that looked so much like Jason it must have been his mom.

     "Hi, you must be Jason's mom I'm ...."

     "Kearstin! Oh Hun, I've heard do much about you come in!"

     She pulled me into a hug and I smiled hugging her back. She smelled like lavender which was comforting. I found myself inhaling deeply and hugging her harder.

     She pulled away and smiled talking my face in her hands, "Welcome home dear, my name is Karen. I will have some of the boys take your things to Jason's room."

     "Oh.... Is there any way I could have my own room?"

     she gave me a sympathetic smile, "Why dear I'm afraid there are no other rooms open, the pack house stays quite full. Besides, Jason is your mate my dear. I'm sure it will all work out."

     I smiled at her hoping she was right. She pulled me into the kitchen to talk as she began pulling all of the stuff out to make dinner for her large pack. I tried to help repeatedly but she just kept telling me not to be silly that I had been driving all day and I needed to relax. I smiled at she talked on and on telling me stories about Jason's child hood.

     "Oh dear, the things I wish you had seen. I remember one day he came from in my room wearing a pair of my heals my dress and my make-up. He must have been about 7 or 8. Anyways he comes out singing I like big butts and shaking his cute little booty." She began laughing hysterically.

     I joined her but it faded as I looked up and saw Jason an embarrassed look on his face. Jason's mom looked up saw his face and started to laugh harder. I eventually being unable to help it join her again.

     Jason walked out red as a tomato, "Funny Mom. Why not just bring out the baby pictures?"

     She smiled, "Great idea Jason. Why don't you grab it dear and show Kearstin while I finish making the tacos?" Jason groaned but caved in showing me the way.

     As we were out of earshot I looked at him, "You don't have to show me you know."

     "Oh yes, I do. She will quiz you on it later."

     I shrugged not really wanting to talk to him but just going with him out of respect for his mom and it being her house and all. As we walked into what looked like a study he silently handed me a photo album. I quickly opened it beginning to explore. I laughed out loud when I came across the picture of him in a black dress and gold heels. I could see from the corner of my eye Jason blushing and rubbing the back of his neck.

     All of a sudden a sound like a bell sounded threw the house. I thought I heard Jason mumble something like saved by the bell.

     He smiled when he noticed my confused look, "That is the dinner bell."

     He took the book from me and quickly pulled it away showing me the way to the dining room.