Chapter 32 Just The Beginning

Kearstin POV

     I threw my hair into a pony tale and desperately tried to smooth the fly aways. Dana had cancelled unexpectedly so it would be just me and Jason today. I had woken up with a random she wolf watching me with a message from Dana. I couldn't help but feel this was somehow Jason's doing but I wasn't going to let that stop me. I liked my morning routine too much. Before I could talk myself out of it I went to the backyard to stretch as I waited for Jason to arrive. I was leaning over to touch my toes when I heard a low growl. I sprung up twisting around to see Jason with a heated look and my cheeks heated up. 

     I cleared my throat avoiding his eyes, "Hello."

     He smiled at me, "Hello mate."

     I let the corners of my mouth lift, "So what's first?"

     He walked out about 10 feet from the house, "Try to come at me."

     He didn't need to tell me twice. I rolled my neck and arms as I walked towards him. I planted my feet and pretended to throw a punch before brining my leg up for a kick to the side of his head. I didn't even see him move but he had a hold of my ankle. He smiled as I pulled away and replanted my feet taking in a deep breath. He motioned with his hands to bring it on. I hardened my eyes jabbing my fists at him that he easily deflected. I punched at him again but he easily caught my hand spinning my back into his chest sending his searing heat into my body. 

     He put his lips to my ear, "Your holding back little mate. You can do better than this."

     I surprised myself as I kicked back landing on his shin and spinning quickly as his grip loosened landing a hit squarely to his mouth and I froze as I realized what I did.

     "Well Love, you definitely gave it to me," he said as he spit blood onto the grass.

     "I'm so sorry Jason. I just got so mad and I hit you in the mouth. Are you ok?" I ran up to him holding his face as I examined his mouth.

     He smiled swatting my hands away. "I'm fine Love. Keep it up. That's the way you need to fight. Lets go again."

     By the end of the training session I finally had him pinned. I smiled down smugly at him, and as I went to stand he circled both hands around my waist holding me where I was. 

     I looked at him confused, "Jason the baby will be awake soon."

     He sat up under me hugging me as I remained on his lap. I tried to pull away but he whispered, "Just for a minute please. I haven't had you this close in weeks."

     I stopped trying to get away and I wrapped my arms around his neck hugging him back breathing in his smell. I could feel his surprise but he just wrapped his arms around tighter making me flush against him. He buried his nose in my neck breathing deeply as I shivered from his warm breath. I gasped surprised as he stood us both up and I landed on my tippy toes. I pulled back to look at him. He looked back into my eyes his hands remaining on my waist. 

     He inched forward looking between my eyes and lips until someone cleared their throat from behind us. "Well this looks cozy."

     Jason cursed leaving one hand on my hip as we turned around to his smiling mom holding Ari. She had the same twinkle in her eye she always had when she caught us together. She handed me Ari who cooed at Jason and us as we smiled down at her. I looked at his face smiling as he looked at her when I heard the clicking of a camera. 

     I looked up and Karen, Jason's mom, was taking a picture with her phone. "Sorry guys. I need some pictures for my walls."

     I let out a little smile and looked at Jason, "Lets get inside. Its too cold out here for Ari."

     He nodded at me as all of us went inside to eat breakfast together. I wish I could live in this moment forever. Jason making us all laugh as he threw grapes in the air missing his mouth, Ari playing with her baby food in her high chair and Karen hinting at when we are going to get married. I felt so happy in our little bubble and I didn't want to leave how perfect this moment felt.  

     Jason stood up and stretched, "Sorry lady's, I've gotta go get my run in before training for the day and meetings start."

     I stood up quickly, "Mind if I join you?"

     He looked a little surprised, "Are you sure?"

     I smiled, "As long as Karen doesn't mind watching Ari for a little bit."

     Karen smiled at us, "I could use a day with just me and my grandbaby. I don't mind at all."

     I smiled, "So its settled."

     Jason smiled as we both went outside to take a run threw the forest. I went behind a tree to hide my clothes before I quickly shifted. The cracking bones almost didn't even bother me anymore. I trotted out from behind the tree seeing Jason's jet black wolf. The color was the same shade as his hair. He nodded his head to follow him as we began running. We ran for a little bit before we came into a clearing and stopped. I recognized this clearing as the place we had our first date. The seven months sense then felt like a lifetime ago. It was the beginning of summer and very warm and it was colder now. Not very cold for a werewolf but enough to tell the difference. Jason laid down in the clearing for a break and I laid across from him as we looked at each other. 

     Remember this place? So much had happened sense, it feels like a lifetime ago.

     I nodded in agreement remembering all the twinkling lights. I was about to answer until an unknown wolf stepped into the clearing. I sniffed the air but didn't recognize the smell. Jason looked at me and I shook my head at the silent question. Neither of us knew who he was. He smelled off too. It was almost like musty rotting leaves, then I realized it was a rogue. A werewolf that didn't have a pack for one reason or another, it was usually bad news. The wolf froze when he saw us before he started slowly stalking towards us. Jason stood up quickly blocking me from the wolfs view before growling. The warning Jason gave was clear. Leave or suffer the consequences. The wolf paid little to no mind of the warning as he kept advancing. 

     Jason let out a sound that was more like a roar and it was clear it was an alpha command to stop. He just showed us a wolfly grin before launching himself straight at Jason. I watched in horror as they rolled around on the ground both trying to get the upper hand. I let out a cry as he pinned Jason to the ground holding him by his neck. I ran towards them as Jason yelled into my head to run. I ignored him as I jumped launching myself into the wolfs flank knocking him off Jason. The surprise of the wolf gave me enough time to run over to Jason who was standing up shaking himself off. We both turned snarling at the rogue. He looked back and forth at us both before deciding he was out numbered and he turned tail running. 

     I looked over at Jason, What the fuck was that about?

     I have no idea, but I think it's time to head back. 

     I nodded in agreement as we turned around to go home. The run was quicker this time as we pushed ourselves ahead to get home. When we made it to the edge of the woods I went to the tree where I left my clothes and changed quickly. Before I could turn around I was spun quickly and felt lips on mine. I froze before feeling the sparks, that always came with Jason's touch, before I wrapped my arms around his neck returning the kiss. His hands moved down to my ass pulling me closer as he kissed me hungrily. I started to feel dizzy as he slowed the kiss and came to a stop.

     Our heads were pressed together as I spoke, "What was that for?"

     He cupped my face with his hand lightly pressing another kiss to my lips before he spoke. "I was just scared. The most unlikely one thing that could have happened happened. This could have been so much worse. Why didn't you run?! He could have hurt you! It would have killed me to lose you because I love you!"