Chapter 18 Panic

Jason P.O.V

     I watched as Kearstin's clothes shredded as she shifted in mid air. I turned around to a satisfied looking Amanda. I could feel my wolf very close to the surface, "What have you done?" She flinched as I roared.

     "I did what I had to so we can be together. She was in our way! Now it can be just me you, our pup and our pack that we rule together."

Five Minutes Earlier

     I stepped out of the shower with a towel around my waist and my still dripping hair running water down my chest. I stopped when I saw Amanda laying on my bed in my shirt with her hand resting on her small bump.

     She smiled as she saw me walking in, "What are you doing here Amanda?"

     She smiled sending shivers down my spine, "Kiss me. Just kiss me and if you don't feel anything I wont say anything to Kearstin. I'll let you tell her yourself."

     Before I could respond her lips were on mine and it was like my brain shut down. Before I could process and move away from her there was the sound of someone clearing their throat and I guiltily looked over to see Kearstin more pissed off than I have ever seen her and a hopeless heart broken look on her face.

Present

     "Are you delusional or just crazy?! I will never be with you pup or not! I have a mate! You should have worried about finding your own mate instead of ruining what I have with mine!"

     Not having patience for the mind link I roared, "Beta! Come take this filth to the dungeon! Tie her arms and legs so she cant hurt the unborn pup in her, and search her for any contraband!"

     Seconds later he appearing with a confused look on his face and took her away. I could hear her screeching at him as her pulled her away but I ignored her and quickly shifted and jumped out the window. I had to find her and explain everything. Why does everything keep getting so screwed up? I followed her scent but she was moving way quicker than I was. Suddenly I felt this searing pain then just nothing. It was like she was gone. No! She cant be dead! I pushed on following her scent until I reached her. She was in human form and I could smell no wolf on her. Was she hurt so bad that she had lost her wolf. I shifted into a human and walked over to her. Her breathing was shallow but luckily she was breathing. I picked her up bridal style as I mind linked the pack doctor to meet me as I arrived with her.

     As I arrived the doctor led me to his examination room and instructed me to set her down on the bed. I set her down as gently as I could and brushed her dark hair from her face. The doctor handed me a pair of shorts and I realized that Kearstin and I were both still very naked. I pulled on the shorts quickly and then covered my mates naked body. The doctor stepped up to her and began putting IV's into her and connecting her to a heart rate monitor. He lifted the blanket to put a heart rate monitor on her chest and on instinct I grabbed his hand growling.

     He looked pointedly at my hand and I removed it realizing what her was trying to do. "Son I think you should leave the room so I can continue the examination without you killing me."

     I wanted to object but I knew he was right. I just gave a silent nod and left the room sitting on the floor outside the door. The minutes felt like hours as I waited to find out if she was going to be okay. In the back of my mind I could hear my wolf snarling and demanding I went back into the room. I was so much in my own little world that I didn't feel any of the effects I normally would to his behaviors. He eventually stopped talking but kept quietly growling. The minutes felt like hours and eventually when the doctor emerged an half hour later it felt like years had passed. I stood up straight and waited for the news I was dreading.

     He let out a loud sigh, "I'm sorry Alpha. I don't know how much longer she can hold on. She has lost her wolf and that in itself could kill her. She is in a medically induced coma right now to give her a longer amount of time and to encourage her wolf to come back. In rare cases the wolf isn't actually gone but in a sort of deep slumber and the wolf just needs time to heal before it reappears. There is hope but for now she needs to stay in a coma to give her wolf and body a chance to heal. There is nothing physically wrong with her. In my opinion this is a mental wound, but sometimes those are the hardest to heal. My suggestion is spend as much time as you can with her now because I can't definitively tell you if she will make it threw the night. Even if she does make it threw the night she might not ever wake up"

     I just nodded in shock and walked into her room. She was connected to a million machines and tubes were covering both of her arms taped down in case she moved. She also had a ventilator to breath for her while she was like this. Seeing her like this I just wanted to break down. I slowly walked up to the bed and took her hand gently. She looked so fragile I was afraid she would break. I dropped into the chair and tears immediately ran down my face and onto our connected hands.

     " Goddess please don't let her die! I love her please!"

--------------------------------

A/n Sometimes you don't say what's important until its too late. I know extreme plot twist. I was reminded lately of my mortality. I had a friend die on Halloween that was too young to die and would have lived if doctors had taken her seriously. She was only 31 and the thing that caused her death was so easy to cure. So I dedicate this chapter to her not because this is anything like what her death was but because you should never wait until its too late to show affection to someone important. Until we meet again my friend r.i.p.