Chapter 37 No Sleep

I had been watching the tree everyday and there was now one lone orange leaf hanging on. Something told me that by tonight that leaf would be gone. In preparation for this we have sent away all children and those needed to care for them away from here to avoid as many casualty's as possible. The witch still had not returned but something told me that she would show up when she was needed the most. We had brought in the witches and vampires to help everyone figure out how to defend themselves from the attacks they would experience from these different species. We were hopeful that with the leaders of all the factions that it would make some of those that had alighted themselves with Darrin think twice. Jason and I didn't see much of each other these days and I was missing him along with Ari. I video chatted with Karen as often as I could but it wasn't the same as having my baby here with me and she was too young to understand why Mommy and Daddy were gone.

     It still weighed heavy on my mind what the vampire had said, but it was the moon goddesses plan, and who was I to go against it? I let out a sigh as I tried to focus on the paperwork I was trying to finish, but honestly with everything going on it seemed pointless. I glanced over at Jason who was typing on his computer with his brow furrowed deeply. I set down the file and walked over to Jason and rested my hands on his shoulders. He glanced at me quickly before looking back at his screen.

     I placed a light kiss on his mark and he groaned, "Love we don't have time for this."

     I smiled and turned him to me sitting on his lap. I placed my lips on his, and though he didn't stop me, he wasn't really responding either. This wasn't about sex so much as just needing some comfort from my mate. I ignored his indifference as I trailed my lips down his neck to the mark I had put on him. He may not be responding but the bulge in his pants proved it was still affecting him. I was surprised as he grabbed my shoulder and pushed me back with an irritated look on his face.

     He stood me up from his lap before turning back to his computer without a word. I just stood behind him wordlessly as he continued to rapidly tap on his computer keys. He had completely ignored me and nothing pisses me off more. If he had just taken 10 minutes to comfort me I would have been happy with that. This was the first time I had really seen him all week. He would come to bed after me and be up before me. I honestly wasn't even sure if he was coming to bed considering I had come into the office this morning to find him sleeping at his desk. As my mate I needed him close to me just as much as the pack needed him. Prolonged time apart could weaken our wolfs and caused us unneeded stress.

     I walked to the front of the desk and stood right in front of him as I tapped my foot angrily. He ignored me for a few minutes before he looked back up at me with the same irritated look. "Look, Kearstin, don't start with me. We don't have time for this."

     I felt my anger rising at his words, "All I needed from you Jason was some comfort for 10 minutes. I haven't seen you all week, and I don't even think you have been in our room to sleep. Running yourself ragged like this isn't going to help anything. We have done everything we can, and at this point there is nothing we can do to change whatever the outcome will be."

     He looked up at me sharply, "You just couldn't fucking leave it alone could you? I asked for one thing and you couldn't do it."

     "I only asked for some comfort Jason and you couldn't do that," I mocked him in the same voice that he spoke in.

     The fire blazed in his eyes as he stood and spoke to me, "If you need comfort, fine, I'll give it to you."

     I was surprised as he walked quickly to me pulling to against his hard chest and kissing me harshly. The love I normally felt was gone and replaced by anger. I pushed against his chest, not wanting him this way, but he was like a brick wall and refused to move. My body was slowly losing its will to fight against him as he ravished me. When my body grew more lax he turned my back to his front pressing me against the wall as he pulled down my pants before entering me quickly skipping all types of for play. Him being my mate my body immediately responded to him as my stomach clenched as he thrust into me harder and faster than he ever had before. I had no idea that he had been holding back with me so much. His breathing was ragged above me as he took all of his pleasure without any regard to how this would make me feel. He let out one last grunt as he slammed into me. I screamed out my orgasm as I felt his warm seed filling me. In reality this had only lasted about 10 minutes. Funny how that is all I had asked for and that's how long this was.

     I felt the hot tears filling my eyes as he pulled back from me. He didn't hurt me physically but he had never done anything like this to me. I had enjoyed the feeling but it didn't mean anything if there was no love involved. This wasn't love, this was a punishment. He was mad that I wouldn't leave it alone so he gave me what I was asking for, just excluding the comforting part. I quickly turned around pulling my shorts up as the tears streamed down my face. His face was hard and held no emotion as he pulled his pants back up looking at me.

     "Happy Kearstin? Now leave me to my work in piece."

     My hand came up and across his face before I could even process it knocking his face to the side. "You son of a bitch. I asked for some comfort. Once again you used the mate bond against me! What you just did Jason, that was punishment. There was no love in what you just did and definitely no comfort."

     I saw the regret in his eyes as he noticed my tears and brought up a hand to try to hold my face, but I just smacked his hand away. "Don't you fucking touch me!"

     I heard him yelling my name after me as I walked out heading to the training field. There was always someone out there and I needed to take my anger out on someone.