Chapter 7 Part Two-Damaged

TWO DAYS LATER

Jason P.O.V

     I stepped out of my car and walked slowly up to Midnight pack house. I knocked and it was opened by a man and women holding hands. "I need to speak to Alpha James. Let him know it's Alpha Jason."

     The male nodded and went to let the alpha know while the female stayed and watched me. Suddenly I smelt something sweet in the air. The female was pregnant. "Congratulations."

     She gave me a weird look, "On what exactly?"

     "I'm an Alpha. I can tell there is a little pup growing inside you. Have you told your mate yet?"

     "No, I planned on it tonight."

     She fell into silence as she absent mindedly rubbed her flat stomach. Her hands fell quickly as her mate approached.

     "He has agreed to see you. Follow me."

     I nodded falling into step behind him. He took me threw so many twists and turns it was a wonder how anyone found their way threw this massive house. Finally, we came to a stop in front of a heavy looking wooden door. They opened the door and motioned for me to step inside. I stepped through the door and paid little attention as the door closed behind me.

     As I looked at the desk I came face to face with a very tired looking alpha. Despite obviously being exhausted he smiled warmly at me and shook my hand firmly, "To what do I owe this honor, Jason?"

     "I have found my mate and she is originally from your pack. I wanted to get to know more about her."

     "Well ask away. I will be sure to answer your questions to the best of my ability and direct you to anyone that can help you."

     "What can you tell me about Kearstin? Her mother is Debbie and her step father is Joe."

     "Ah yes. She was a weird one," I held in a growl at his comment. "She was half human and she shifted a little later than the others. She didn't have many friends because of it. After she shifted she did fit in a little better though. I don't know much else she was so quiet and we were 4 years apart but I can give you the address of her family she lived with. I'm sure you would like to meet all of your new family."

     James grabbed a sticky note writing down the address quickly before passing me the piece of paper. I smiled as we said our good byes as I quickly left. I followed my own scent to find my way out. I stepped into the car and quickly punched in the address. I took deep calming breaths. I needed more information and I wouldn't get anything if I came in yelling. I pulled up to a small looking brick house.

     I knocked on the door and was surprised when a young boy opened the door. He couldn't be any more than 15. And he had not shifted yet. Odd.

     I cleared my throat, " Is Debbie or Joe here?"

     "No, but they should both be home soon if you want to wait."

     I nodded and he brought me into the living room. Even after these few weeks, Kearstin's scent was still so strong in here. Suddenly I heard the wailing of a small child as a small frazzled woman came into the living room.

     "Thank God. Please hold Sierra for a minute before I pee myself!"

     She quickly handed me the child. She immediately stopped crying and looked at me with wide eyes. She reached up her hand and ran it along the stubble on my cheek. She smiled and made a gurgling noise at me. I smiled down at her and gently ticked her belly getting a rewarding laugh from her.

     I looked up to see the small woman smiling at us, "You must have the magic touch. She has been crying all day."

     "Why is your mate not here to help you?"

     She suddenly got a sad smile on her face, "He died a few months back during a rogue raid. Sierra still misses him a lot, just like I do. But seeing her little face every day and getting some of him in her helps me get threw it. I can do it for her."

     "I'm so sorry. I can't imagine your pain."

     "No need to apologize. It gets easier to deal with every day. The pain never goes away but I don't think it ever will. He's with the moon goddess now. She will take care of him. So what brought you to the Midnight  pack?" She changed the subject quickly.

     "Kearstin is my mate and I wanted to know more about her. "

     Her eyes lit up as I said Kearstin was my mate, " I can tell you what ever you need to know."

     "She mentioned some troubling things to me about her past."

     She nodded slowly before she began, " Our mother found her mate when she was 19. She had me and exactly one year later our brother Cody came along. My dad died during the wars. My mom was never the same, she jumped from man to man. First she had Kearstin from a one night stand. Then 7 years later she had our brother Josh with an ex boyfriend. Both Kearstin and Josh are half human. Shortly after Josh was born our mom met Joe and married him. She never dared tried to be with another wolf because she didn't want to steal someone's mate. Anyways unlike most wolf's, who shift at 13, Kearstin didn't shift until she was 16. She also wasn't as fit or skinny as the rest of the wolf's. This made her the target of constants bullying. The physical things people did to her didn't seem to bother her, it was their words that cut her the most. Things only got worse when Mom married that sorry S.O.B. He broke Kearstin down with his constant insults. She would look to Mom to defend her but Mom could only help if she was home. A few weeks ago, when Kearstin left, Joe threw one of his classic insults her way but it was the straw that broke the camel's back. She was only 7 when Mom married Joe. She was use to a life of physical and mental abuse. The physical only stopped when she shifted for the first time and Joe being a human knew she could rip him to shreds."

     I looked down at my shaking hands at the fury I felt. No one would ever treat my mate like that ever again. I looked up and saw the tears in the woman's eyes and knew she was nothing like her step father. I then did the only right thing I could.

     "I want you and Josh to come back with me to my pack. I have a large SUV. You will both come with me and can live in my pack house. I know your mom isn't here right now but she's welcome whenever she is ready," I left no room for arguments.

     Tears slipped down her face, "Thank you so much. Can you hold her while I pack what I need and help Josh?"

     I nodded eagerly as she handed me the small pup.