Chapter 10 Announcement

Kearstin P.O.V

     The room became silent as we walked in. Then as fast as it fell quiet whispers filled the room. I shifted uncomfortably as Jason pulled out a chair for me and sat beside me. The awkward silence disappeared as Jason's mom walked out with the last of the food. Everyone began to dig in and talk among themselves. I dug into a taco and moaned at the taste.

     I froze when I felt eyes on me and looked over to see Jason staring at me. "Got a staring problem? What, you never seen a girl murder a taco before?"

     I heard chuckles from around the room as he looked away embarrassed. I looked to my side at a guy about the same age as me that had amusement in his eyes. He had light brown hair, brown eyes and a warm smile. I smiled back at him and continued to eat.

     I heard a throat clear and looked back at him. He was holding his hand out, "I'm Darren. Nice to meet you."

     I shook his hand back, "Kearstin."

     I heard a growl from beside me and quickly released Darren's hand. I lightly kicked Jason's leg in warning. He let out a soft ow before going back to his food. Darren and I chatted for the next 30 minutes about the pack and such, with Jason looking like bloody murder the whole time.

     Eventually Jason's mom got everyone's attention, "Jason has an announcement to make."

     She looked at him pointedly and he stared back. It was obvious they were having a private conversation. Eventually, Jason stood up slowly grabbing my arm to pull him up with me. I gave him a confused look and his look told me to say nothing.

     He cleared his throat uncomfortably, "So um sure a lot of you heard that Amanda and I broke up. We were under the impression she was my mate. But I was mistaken. I have recently met my true mate. That is this woman beside me. Let me introduce your Luna, Kearstin."

     There was silence then cheering as people welcoming me were thrown my way. I blushed uncontrollably not use to so much attention. Eventually, it settled down and everyone went back into their conversations.

     I sat down next to Jason again and whispered loud enough just for him to hear, "You could have warned me."

     "Sorry, Mom insisted." I looked up to his mom who was smiling like a Cheshire cat. She was up to something and I wasn't sure if I liked it.

Jason P.O.V

    I watched with Kearstin as my mom smiled largely. She was obviously hoping this would bring us closer together. But I had news for my mom, I have a stubborn little mate. I'm honestly not even sure what convinced her to come here. I made a mental note to ask her later. I stood up walking into the kitchen to collect my self. Soon after Kearstin came in.

     She walked close to me as I felt my heart speed up as she went into the tips of her toes pressing her lips to my ear and whispering, "You're in my way."

     I then realized I was leaning against the fridge as I moved out of the way she grabbed a water bottle and gave me a sly look and shaking her hips as she walked out. She knew what she was doing and she knew how it affected me. So I just have two words for that, "Game on."

Unknown P.O.V

I flinched pulling the phone away from my ear as Amanda yelled, "How could he do this?! I gave him everything! And just weeks later he announces that little tamp is his mate!"

I attempted to soothe her, "Darling, everything will be fine."

"How?! How could this possibly be fine?! You better fix this!"

"I will," I assured her as she hung up on me.

It killed me that my mate wanted to be with someone else. But I just had to remind myself that it wouldn't always be like this.