Chapter 21 The Nursery

Kearstin P.O.V

     I smiled as I woke up next to my daughter. and the the perfect name popped into my head Amari, Ari for short, it means miracle from God. Amari Kearstin Smith, it had a nice ring to it. there was a light knock on the door. I moved carefully not to wake up the baby. Jason was at the door. I put my finger to my lips and signaled to the sleeping baby. he nodded in understanding and signaled for me to follow him outside the door. I looked back at the baby saw her still sleeping and closed the door quietly behind me.

     He took in a deep breath and let it out slowly. All the anger I felt at his hesitation earlier left my body, he just looked so sad. Without thinking I reached out and wrapped my arms around him. This thing with me always mad at him needed to stop. It was hurting me, and my wolf, and I wasn't going to let our bad relationship hurt Ari. I felt his arms slowly wrap around my back and hold me tight. I felt immediate calm fall over me as the little sparks went threw me. I breathed in his scent and buried my nose into his neck as he did the same to me. I smiled and pulled away as I heard the small cry of the baby from the bedroom. he smiled at me as we opened the door to get the baby. She stopped crying as soon as she saw us and a smile replaced the frown. For such a young child she was so advanced but young wolfs do develop faster than human babies do. even with my half human side, she was still more wolf than she was human. There is still a chance that it will take her longer to shift but it won't take her nearly as long as it took me to.

     This whole time neither Jason or I spoke until he said, "I have something to show you and the baby."

     "I want to call her Amari, Ari for short. It means miracle from god"

     He smiled at me, "I think that is perfect for her."

     I picked up Ari and he put his arm around my waist as he showed us the way. I could help but feel like this was right. I could feel the burning heat from where his hand rested on my hip. my cheeks heated up as I thought of what it would feel like if he ran his hands all over my body and a wave of desire hit me. I tried desperately to push those thoughts away. I couldn't think about that while holding my daughter. It was too late for Jason not to notice though. I snuck a peek at him and he had a big grin on his face. He had noticed my discomfort and I'm sure he smelled my desire, he very wisely said nothing.

     We arrived at a dark wooden door looking just like any door in the house but when he opened it I was welcomed by the most beautiful nursery I had ever seen. It had gray walls with colorful squares of material right above the white wooden crib. and there was a white small 6 drawer dresser that doubled as a changing table and there were framed pictures above this. There was an orange diaper genie next to that along with a swing and there was also a chair in front of the crib that had the cutest owl pillow in it. I set the baby down on her stomach on the beige rug as I looked around the room.

     I looked back at Jason as he watched my reaction closely, "I love it."

     He smiled at me and wrapped his arms around my waist pulling me close as we leaned our foreheads together and our breath mixed together between us. I heard a giggle and what sounded like wet fart before smelling something so foul it was like that baby was rotting from the inside out. Jason gagged as he pulled away from me and covered his nose. I laughed as I picked up the baby and set her on the changing table.

     Jason looked ready to bolt, "Oh no you don't! you get to learn how to change a baby today."

     I pulled him to the table and explained him through it and showing him a better way to do things every so often. He finally uncovered his nose and mouth with his shirt as he threw the diaper into the diaper genie. I smiled as he picked up Ari and blew on her tummy. everything felt so right. this was how our life was meant to be.

     We both laid on the ground and played with Ari for about thirty minutes before she started rubbing her eyes and let out a huge yawn. We both stood up and Jason bent to pick her up. He feathered little kisses all over her face as she protested and rubbed her eye. He just smiled at her little attempt and put her down into the crib.

     I went to stand beside him and he put his arm around my waist as we watched her falling into a deep sleep. I leaned into him and smiled at the little cub that was half him and half me. If you had told me just a year ago that this would be my life I wouldn't have believed it. It's hard to think that everything that had happened to me had happened in less than a year.

     Jason put a hand gently on the side of my face and gave me a light kiss to bring me out of my thoughts, "What are you thinking of mate?"

     "Just how happy I am; and I can't believe this is my life, our life."

     He smiled and pulled me into his chest and I felt a kiss to the top of my head. This just felt so right. And it all just fell into place as soon as I decided I wasn't going to fight anymore. This was the life I dreamed of, and I couldn't wait to live it.