Chapter 12 Work

Kearstin P.O.V

      I woke up being violently shaken. I groaned and rolled over swatting at whoever was shaking me. I heard angry breaths as I was lifted into the air. My eyes flew open and I shrieked grabbing onto a pair of broad shoulders. I looked up from his shoulders and into the eyes of a very pissed off Jason.

      I pounded his chest, "Put me down Jason!"

      We already had gotten to the bedroom so he obliged dropping me unceremoniously onto the bed. I huffed and got up onto my knees on the bed putting my hands on my hips glaring at him. He ignored my look and locked the door again leaning against it and looking at me. I shifted uncomfortably and let my arms drop to my sides. He just kept looking at me and saying nothing.

     Finally he pushed himself away from the door. "I'm going to take a shower and get ready for the day ahead. Do not leave this bed room again."

     I let out a sigh of relief as he walked away. I plopped on the bed and rubbed my face. I glanced at his alarm clock, 7:20. It's too early for this. I laid down pulling the cold covers over me drifting into a light sleep.

     I jerked awake as I heard the bathroom door open. Jason walked out in only a pair of jeans. His hair was still really wet and the water dripped from his hair down his chest. I looked away before he could notice my gawking.

     He pulled on a shirt saying, "You have 30 minutes to get ready. If you aren't done I will personally drag you down stairs in whatever state you are in."

     I shivered at his threat as he walked out the door. I stood up quickly stretching and walked to the bathroom. I stripped down quickly and stepping into the shower that Jason kept running for me. I quickly washed my hair shaved my legs and washed my body. I stepped out of the shower and dried off my body. I wrapped the towel around my body and went to the closet in search of a suitable ensemble. Not knowing what today had in store I pulled on a pair of jeans a gray tank top and a blue cardigan with white polka dots. I brushed my hair and teeth quickly before pulling on a pair of black flats. I walked out the door and down the stairs slowly. I walked into the kitchen to see Jason was the only one up drinking coffee.

     "I was about to come get you."

     I jumped at the sound of his gravely voice in the silence and looked at the clock. "It took me 28 minutes."

     "Exactly. You were close to your time limit."

     I huffed ignoring his comment and walked over to the coffee pot grabbing one of the cups off of the hangers beside the coffee pot. I poured the coffee and put in 6 sugars and a good amount of creamer.

     I saw Jason make a face at how I made it, "Would you like some coffee with that cream and sugar?"

     I put a fake sweet smile on my face, "No, that's okay darling."

     He smiled back sarcastically as he pulled pop tarts from the cup board and threw a pack at me. He then walked off and I took that as a sign to follow him. I trailed behind him as he lead me to the office. He walked straight to the desk and sat down. I stood awkwardly sipping my coffee as he tapped away on the computer. He looked up and motioned for me to sit on the couch.

     I sat down sipping my coffee and looked around the room. There was a book shelf behind the couch that was all the way full of books. Besides that there wasn't much, but the room was tastefully decorated. It was a mint green color with wooden floors and brown furniture. It was cozy. I stood up from the couch and walked over to the books. Most of them were about strategy and wolf history. There was one book that stood out. There was no writing on it and it didn't look like a normal book. I pulled it out and opened it up seeing a hand written page. At the end it was signed with Jason's name. I looked up and saw he still wasn't paying attention. I flipped to the last entry. The little voice in the back of my head told me I shouldn't be doing this but my curiosity got the best of me. The entry was from yesterday before I arrived.

Goddess help me. I don't even know her and I love her. But she despises me, and I can't really blame her. I rejected her after everything she had been threw. I wish I had treated her right from the beginning. My wolf is tearing me apart from how I made her feel. I hope some day she can find it in herself to forgive me. I love her so much and I just want her to accept me.

~ Jason

     I looked up and saw he was still engrossed in his work. I put his journal back quietly and walked over to the desk he looked up surprised but quickly looked back at his screen. I saw he was going threw e-mails.

     "What are all these?"

     He glanced at me before refocusing on the screen. "Mostly requests for treaties and to join our pack."

     I smiled at the use of the word our and glanced at the number of e-mails, 217. "Oh wow. That's a lot."

     He didn't look at me but said "Yea. Some of them are multiples from the same person, hoping that if they e-mail more than once that I will get back to them sooner."

     "Oh. Does it take you a long time to reply?"

     "Not really. Usually a few days at most."

     "Then why do they send so many e-mails?"

     He smiled at my innocent question, "Because people are impatient."

     "Is there anything I can do?"

     He looked surprised at my question but just nodded at a pile of papers near the door, "Those need approval or denial to use pack money for things other then everyday use. All the money that people in the pack earns goes into an account so no-one is higher than anyone else. We have to approve requests for extra things. Make three piles. Ones you can approve, ones you deny, and ones you need more information for."

     I nodded and grabbed the large stack of papers. I sat down in the couch putting the papers beside me and grabbed the first file. In the file it shows all previously approved requests and the amount of money used. It also told me all the people in the family and who was requesting what. Most an easy yes or no. Only a few I needed more information on. By the time I was finished so was Jason.

     He then so spoke up, "How did the paperwork go?"

     "Pretty good. I think I was fair."

     He looked threw the applications quickly and nodded as he examined them, "I agree. You were fair with these decisions."

     There was a knock on the door before Jason's mom opened the door and smiled at our close proximity. I didn't even realize how close we were until she walked in. I frowned as he put his hand on my waist and pulled me close as she came in. She had a tray in her hands with food for what looked like lunch. I didn't realize it was already near 1. I smiled happy to be getting a break.