Chapter 34 Reunited

Jason and I had been growing closer over the last few weeks and with his help in training I was getting a lot better. I almost didn't see Dana anymore because I was always with Jason. We had not had sex again yet, but my heat was due at anytime now. The question wasn't if we have sex anymore but more of a question of when. My last heat had never come because I still had healing to do and Jason and I were rarely near each other, but we are around each other all the time now. We had fallen into our own little routine everyday. We would privately train together, then breakfast with the baby. After that we would go into the office for work and in the afternoon we would train with the rest of the pack before dinner with the family. 

     It seemed like we were busy until the moment we went to sleep. We hadn't really had time for anything other than a stolen kiss here and there. I was still sleeping in Ari's room but I'm pretty sure I'm ready to move back into our room. The baby was pretty much sleeping through the night anyways and I couldn't sleep in her room forever. What part of the pack that wasn't out patrolling was gathered around the dinner table eating lasagna Karen and I had made. The baby was about 3 months old and was closer to looking like a 6 month old. With Ari having more wolf in her than human she should age at the same rate as all the other pups in the pack. Wolfs mature fast but after puberty is hit the aging process slows back down. Right now she had a tray of smashed bananas and greens beans that she was currently drawing circles in. I think more of it had gotten on her face and bib than anything else, and don't even get me started on the big blob of banana in her hair. 

     I laughed at the state she was in as I picked her up, "Come on messy face, lets go take a bath."

     I said my goodnight to everyone as I went up to the nursery to bath Ari. She crawled around the floor of her room as I grabbed her a towel and filled up the tub with bubble bath. I picked her up as she laughed, trying to crawl away from me, and stripped off her clothes and diaper. As I set her in the bath she giggled and smacked her hands down into the water watching the bubbles fly . I laughed as she turned her face back and forth unwilling to let me clean her face with the wash cloth. I foamed up her shiny black hair with her shampoo and laughed at the look of it. Unable to help myself I pulled out my phone and took a picture. I had learned with not getting to experience her pregnancy that I need to cherish these little moments. I put my hand to cover her face as I rinsed out her hair before pulling the drain. 

     She started crying and rubbing her eyes as I wrapped her in the towel. She was tired and didn't want to get out of the tub. I quickly dressed her and held her to me bouncing up and down lightly until her cry's finally quieted down into sleep. I set her in her crib as carefully as I could before I turned around and saw Jason was watching from the door way. I smiled at him and went out the door following him. As we went out the door the guard that had been standing outside went inside to keep watch. 

     Jason gave me a quick heated kiss and said, "I'm going to bed, love. I'll see you in the morning." 

     I stopped him as he turned, "Can I sleep with you?" My face turned red as I realized how it came out. "I meant can we start sleeping in the same room again? Our room?"

     Jason smiled as he held out his hand for me, "Of course Love. I would love to sleep with you in my arms again."

     I smiled back at him and grabbed his hand. We walked hand in hand the short distance to our room. I took a deep breath as he opened the door and we walked in. I sat down on the bed as Jason grabbed clothes and headed for the shower. I laid back on the bed and without realizing how tired I was I fell asleep before he even came out. I woke up as I felt warm arms pull me back against a hard chest. I stretched in his arms and heard him hum as he pulled me closer. I smiled and turned to face him. I propped my head up on my hand as I looked at him. He smiled and copied my movement. I smiled back as I moved forward and wrapped an arm around his back and buried my nose into his neck. He pulled me close to him breathing in deeply. We laid that way, breathing in each others scents, until we fell into a comfortable sleep.