Chapter 31 Compromise

FOUR WEEKS LATER

Jason POV

     We now know the witches behind everything but, just like Darren, they had disappeared without a trace. With this disappearance there were rumors of Darren gathering followers of people who agreed with him about us. And even though he was steadily gathering followers we were still unable to track him or his witches down. Normally I wouldn't worry, but the goddesses warning of war rang in my ears. Things between Kearstin and I were still strained. Between trying to find Darren and her trying to avoid me I was lucky to catch glimpses of her. Sense her assault she had been having Dana teach her how to defend herself and from what I was told she had been ingesting small amounts of wolfsbane everyday to build up a tolerance to it. I've never head of someone doing this but I've heard of people with allergies doing this so I guess anything is possible  Every morning around six I would stand at our bedroom window and watch her train in the back yard. Four weeks in she was getting really good and she seemed to be building her confidence back up. I had been giving her the time she needed but I was now growing frustrated and needed her by my side. I knew she was fine and I was given updates often but it wasn't the same as being with her. Her scent had long left her pillow and my wolf was increasingly pushing me to see her. The fact that we had completed part of the mate bond didn't help, and  if she had marked me too it would be impossible to give her the space she asked for. All of these factors brought me to the decision that today I would join her outside as training with Dana was wrapping up. 

     At 6:45 I went down and grabbed a cold water from the fridge heading to the back yard. I passed my mom in the kitchen who had a twinkle of amusement in her eyes guessing what I was doing. She always seemed to be a step ahead of me. I shook my head as  I leaned against the door frame watching Kearstin and Dana spare. I smiled as Kearstin landed a kick sending Dana down, she was getting good. Kearstin reached down her hand to help Dana up and her back stiffened as she felt my presence. She slowly turned around and looked from my feet all the way up to my face. It almost felt like she was running her hands up my body, making me smile.

Kearstin POV 

     I smiled victoriously as I finally managed to knock Dana on her ass. I held out a hand to help her up, and as I pulled her up a felt a presence behind me and my back stiffened. I felt the thrums of energy and knew it was Jason. I turned around slowly my eyes first meeting his feet then traveling their way up his body before landing on his amused face then his clear blue eyes.

     He held out a water bottle, "Thirsty?"

     My voice came out a little breathless from training and the surprise of seeing him, "Sure, thanks."

     He tossed it to me and I caught it easily twisting off the lid and taking a sip, "Did you need something Jason?" I knew we hadn't seen each other much but it surprised me, him showing up.

     Something flashed in his eyes before disappearing, "No just checking if you needed any help training."

     I smiled lightly at him, "Actually we were just about done. I was going to go get a shower before I wake up the baby to eat."

     "Well we could do that together and spend some time with each other. I mean feed the baby of course."

     My cheeks warmed at his smile knowing he knew exactly where my mind went. I wasn't ready for that yet but I couldn't help that my mind went there. There was something telling me that's exactly what he intended. I had been avoiding him for the last few weeks mostly because I just really didn't know how to approach him anymore. It felt very awkward after spending so much time apart. I had missed him of course but with the way I had left it I didn't know how to be with him anymore.