Chapter 13 Heat

Jason P.O.V

     I watched Kearstin as she smiled at my mom and answered her questions politely. It made me so angry when I woke up and she wasn't beside me. Not only because my wolf craved her presence but as an unmated female there were other males that could try to make her his, but she was mine, and only mine.

     I could feel how tense she was with my hand resting on her hip. Even with how tense I could feel she was, she managed to look relaxed and careless in the presence of my mother. Eventually, when my mother left leaving our food for us I was surprised when Kearstin made no attempt to move away from me.

     I saw uncertainty in her eyes when she looked at me. It was like she wanted to say something but was unsure how to say it. I grabbed her hand and rubbed across her knuckles with my thumb and surprisingly she just smiled at me.

     She bit her lip nervously and looked right into my eyes, " I read an entry in your journal."

     I froze, "What?"

Kearstin P.O.V

     I felt uneasy as he froze next to me and I could see the anger in his expression. He walked over to the bookshelf grabbed the book and brought it over to his desk locking it in his drawer.

     "What did you see?" He refused to look at me.

     I was quiet but he looked at me expectantly. " I only saw the last entry. I didn't mean to read it. I really didn't I promise! I just saw it. It didn't look like any of the other books so I picked it up to look at it and before I knew it I was reading your journal entry. I'm sorry," my voice has gotten small by the end of it all and I couldn't look at him.

     I heard a loud sigh and looked up to see him run his hand threw his hair and my fingers itched to smooth down the silky looking stands. I clenched my hands together and stiffened my legs to keep myself from walking over and doing just that.

     He looked up at me, "Just go back to our room. Take your food and stay in our room. I will tell everyone that the Luna is not feeling well. Just go."

     I felt tears in my eyes as he dismissed me. I grabbed my food tray and walked out without saying anything. I quickly walked to our room relieved that I ran into no one because there were definitely tears running down my face. I wasn't crying so much because I was hurt than the fact that I hurt him. I knew it was wrong as soon as I started reading it, but I couldn't bring myself to stop.

Jason P.O.V

     I watched in disbelief as she walked out of the room. I saw the tears in her eyes and it killed me but how could she invade my privacy. I flipped to the last entry to reread what I had written.

Goddess help me. I don't even know her and I love her. But she despises me, and I can't really blame her. I rejected her after everything she had been through. I wish I had treated her right from the beginning. My wolf is tearing me apart from how I made her feel. I hope some day she can find it in herself to forgive me. I love her so much and I just want her to accept me.

~ Jason

     I rubbed my face with my hands letting out a long sigh. Now she knows I love her. What a mess. After everything, I've done I know she doesn't feel the same and this will just make things worse than they already were. I pushed those thoughts aside as a knock sounded on a door for my first meeting.

Kearstin P.O.V

     My stomach turned as I looked at the food on the tray. There was no way I could eat that. It looked fine but I didn't feel fine. Being upset was messing with my stomach. I knew I was going to be in here for a while so I turned on a movie on the TV. I felt myself begin to drift off before it was finally all dark.

     I felt heat spread threw out my body and felt a burn build in my stomach. I sat up straight waking up. Sweat was running down my face and soaking my body. I felt hot like I had a fever. I stood up and walked to the bathroom. I looked into the mirror and my hair was stuck to my head by my sweat and I looked slightly pink showing how heated I was. I pealed my sweaty clothes off turned on the shower and stepped under the cool spray. I felt the burning in my stomach relax a little and it felt good to have cool water on my skin. I still cleaned up even though I had taken a shower that morning.

     I had not brought clothes in with me so thank Goddess when I was done Jason was not back yet. I pulled out shorts and a tank top because despite the cold shower I was still over heated. I got dressed and found a rubber band throwing my hair up.

     I sat on the bed and felt the uncomfortable heat in my stomach again. I stood up and searched the closet finding a fan. I plugged it in and pointed it towards me. 10 minutes later I was still dying so I walked over to the thermostat and turned it on as cold as it could go. I let out a sigh as the cool air filled the room. I jumped as the door slammed open. I looked up in shock to see Jason with lust in his eyes.

"Why didn't you tell me you were going into heat?" Finally it all made sense.