Chapter 28 Rescue Mission

Darren POV

     I waited around the corner of the building in my wolf form. I had left the tools on purpose knowing she had a really good possibility of escape. I heard a thump like the chair had fallen smiling a toothy grin. This was about to be the most fun game of hide and seek I had ever played. I listened to the sounds of what must have been her smashing the pad locks and a few moments later the door handle rattled. I couldn't make it that easy little mouse.

     I head a louder crash and then the door swung open. Smart, she must have broken the knob off. I watched as she carefully stepped outside looking both ways holding one of her hands to her chest. In her haste she must have missed me. I creeped slowly behind her as she turned to run but was stopped in my tracks by the scent of another. I hid back around the side of the workshop and watched as Jason's wolf appeared. Kearstin realizing it was him ran and threw herself into his arms.

     Knowing with him being distracted this would be my only chance to get away I turned around and ran. Damnit, I would have to retreat and try this some other time. If I Don't worry little mouse. I'll be back with a bigger army next time, and I was going to kill her and her Alpha. 

Jason POV

     It was long after dark now but it took time to get everything and everyone we needed together. A lot longer than I was comfortable with if I'm honest. I still wasn't able to reach her threw the mind link and I just had this terrible feeling. I was short with everyone but I couldn't help it, I didn't even feel sorry for it. It wasn't just my mate missing but the pack Luna. A Luna so new she haven't even had the ceremony to officially be the Luna. And on top of my anxiety my wolf was raging that we leave right this instant to find her.

     He had her for so long now there was no telling what had happened. We all piled into a few SUVs outside to drive to Darren's parents house. I didn't know what kind of state she would be in so bringing a vehicle was what was best. The five minutes it took to get there were the longest of my life. My wolf was scratching on the inside to be set free and I wanted him free too. Just a few more minutes and I was willing to let him take control to find our mate.

     I jumped out as soon as we were in the driveway shifting without even worrying about anyone else. I ran right for where I knew the place was on the map. As I was almost on top of the building I finally got a smell for her, and I let my nose lead the way. I came to an abrupt halt at the sight of my mate running my way but obviously not really seeing me.

     She finally looked up and saw me, the fear on her face breaking my heart. She visibly relaxed seeing who I was as she shouted my name running to me. I shifted in time to catch her in my arms. She wrapped her arms around me as I ran a hand threw her hair.

     "Kearstin, are you ok? Babe talk to me," then she went limp in my arms.

     I caught her picking her up bridal style as the rest of the men finally caught up with me. They all stopped as they absorbed the scene in front of them. I shouted out orders about people finding where Darren is as I ran with Kearstin back to the SUV. I ran to the backseat laying Kearstin across it before running to the drivers door as I simultaneously pulled on my shorts. I drove straight to the pack hospital not really knowing how bad her injuries were. I peaked at her face as I drove seeing bruises on her face and a hand that looked black and blue, possibly broken. I felt my wolf trying to take over as I reigned him in. I knew if I let him come back out he wouldn't go back in until Darrin was found and right now Kearstin needed me. 

     I had mind linked the doctor on the way. There were two nurses and a doctor waiting with a stretcher when i arrived. I ran to the back seat and grabbed her laying her on the stretcher. They rolled her into a back room as a male nurse stopped me from going back. I growled at him as he explained they couldn't treat her while I was in the room. I knew he was right. I let out a frustrated roar as as I sat down in a chair holding my head with my hands. As the time went on I became restless as I stood up pacing back and forth. After what seemed like hours the pack doctor finally came back out. I rushed to him needing to know what's wrong with my mate.

     "She's fine Alpha. A lot of minor cuts and bruises a broken hand but those will heal after the wolfsbane is out of her system," I tried to push past him but he stopped me again.

     I looked at him realizing there was more, "What is it doc?"

     He looked conflicted as he said, "We found something else during the examination..... I'm so sorry Alpha but the Luna was raped."