Chapter 6 Realization

Kearstin P.O.V

     I fumed as I drove away. My wolf whimpered wanting me to turn back around and just forgive our mate. I ignored her and imagined a muzzle on her mouth. She gave me the most hurt look I had ever seen and laid down in the back of my mind. I sighed knowing I messed up and would have to apologize to her big time. I just couldn't deal with her trying to make me turn around. I needed to deal with this in my own time without her trying to convince me otherwise.

     I walked inside going straight upstairs to talk to my wolf and try to apologize to her. I sat on my bed took in a deep breath, closed my eyes and retreated into my mind. I sighed as I saw her curled into a ball refusing to look at me. I walked up to her got down on my knees and got as low to the ground as I could to show her how sorry I was. After being motionless for a few minutes she finally looked at me.

     Fine, I forgive you. But don't ever do that to me again.

     I won't Lucy. I'm sorry and I love you. I said this quietly feeling ashamed of myself.

     Oh stop the moping, she licked my face as she finished saying this.

     Now listen to me. You must give Jason a chance. You know a wolf can not live without their mate. And a pack also can not live without their Luna. You must give him a chance and let go of this anger. It won't make you feel better. I know he hurt you, he hurt me too, but you have to give him a chance to fix it. She looked at me with understanding in her eyes.

     Ok I promise I will give him a chance. Just because you asked me too.

     I saw the happiness in her eyes, You will love him as much as I do.

     I sighed deeply, I hope so.

     I opened my eyes letting out a deep breath. Tonight I would get a good nights sleep and tomorrow I would go see Jason and give him the chance I promised Lucy. I fell quickly to sleep but was haunted by images of Jason and a skinny blond beauty.

Jason POV

      I walked back inside grimacing as my hand twitched while healing. I order a beer and downed it immediately belching. I then ordered a second one and went onto the dance floor. It was my turn to have fun. The night was mostly a blur. I woke up with the sun in my eyes and a pretty girl beside me with no memory of the night before. I threw my legs over the edge of the bed and put my head in my hands. What happened last night? I couldn't remember anything after the first beer and it was a big accomplishment for an alpha to get black out drunk.

     I looked back as the girl began to stir. She opened her eyes and smiled at me, "Good morning handsome."

     She must have seen my confused look, because she smiled again and said, " You don't remember last night do you?"

     I rubbed the back of my neck embarrassed, "Honestly? No."

     She smiled kindly, " With how drunk you were I'm not surprised. You were so drunk you couldn't drive so I drove your car with you in it back here. The whole ride back you were crying about your mate, and how you broke her heart. When we got here you directed me to your room and I laid you down. I was going to run back home, but you convinced me to stay. You told me you would bring me back home in the morning."

     I sighed in relief, "Thank God. I thought we...You know."

     She looked confused. Then a realization came over her as she began to laugh hysterically, "Y-you thought we... had sex?"

     I frowned as I watched her continue to laugh as tears began to roll down her face. I may not want her but that doesn't mean she didn't hurt my ego. Eventually, her laughter subsided.

     She got up walked over to me and surprised me by giving me a hug. "You're a nice guy Jas, but not that nice."

     I smiled about to reply when there was a loud knocking on my door, "Jason? It's me, Kearstin. Open up, we need to talk."

     I gave the girl a scared look and she understood. She smiled quickly walked to the balcony and jumped off.

     I opened my door to a confused looking Kearstin, "What was that thump?"