Chapter 19 Miracle

Jason P.O.V

4 months later

     I sat watching Kearstin's eyes move underneath her lids. What was she seeing? All this time, and nothing I did would wake her. I understood her wolf needed to heal but there were no signs of life other than her eye movements and the slight rise and fall of her chest. Her skin was as pale as a sheet of paper and her hair was in a disarray around her head. Her hand was limp in mine and felt so fragile. I always felt such a strong connection to her and now its muted like she isn't even alive anymore. I still had that empty feeling from her even though she was right in front of me. The last months without her had been hard. I spent all of my nights and free time with her. There was a cot set up next to her bed so I could sleep with her, and there was always someone here to watch her when I wasn't able to. I felt like I had aged years sense this happened to her. It felt like it had been years sense I last saw her beautiful green eyes.

     It had been difficult with Amanda. She had decided that while she was locked up she would refuse to eat to kill the child. Eventually she had to be strapped to a bed and a feeding tube was inserted up her nose so she would get the nutrition that the baby needed. She was almost always kept under sedation because if she wasn't then no one in the house was at peace. Many had moved to a different location on the property because they did not agree with my treatment of her. Many felt like this was all my fault and, in a way, it is. If I had never been with Amanda she would have never fallen for me and gotten pregnant and Kearstin would still be alive and smiling at me happy. I could barley remember her smile. I was haunted by her anguish the day she found Amanda kissing me.

     Amanda was close to delivery and her execution was planned for immediately after the child was born. I didn't want her in our life for any longer than was necessary. The child is mine so I will take care of it but I would never tell it about its mother. Hopefully Kearstin would wake up and accept the child as her own. As far as I was concerned the child would grow up thinking Kearstin was her mother. My thoughts were interrupted by a voice in my head, "Alpha, it's time."

     I responded and stood up slowly to leave. I kissed her forehead lingering for a moment breathing in her scent before turning for the door to leave. The nurse outside of the door nodded at me as I passed and I nodded back acknowledging that I saw her. This only meant one thing, Amanda went into labor. I prepared myself for what was ahead. A day that should be the happiest day of my life, taking second only to the day that I met my mate, was the most grim of my life. My child was being born by someone I don't love and in the same day I was having the mother of my child killed. I stopped outside of the room as I heard the screaming took a deep breath and entered the room.

Kearstin P.O.V

     I looked at everyone in the room threw pain filled eyes. What was I doing here? I saw Jason to the side quietly looking away from me and I reached out for him, but something stopped me from doing this. I looked up and noticed that my hands were bound to my sides and my legs were bound to the bed as well. I then looked down and saw that my belly looked really big compared to the rest of my body. I was so much skinnier other than my stomach. I had lost a lot of weight. I screamed as a wave of pain took me over. I felt pressure between my legs like I needed to push, then it hit me, I was in labor. How was it possible that I was pregnant? Jason and I had never had sex and I would have had to have been out for at least 4 months.

     The doctor came to stand between my legs and said, "Ok Amanda, its time to push."

     I was so confused. Why were they calling me Amanda? I saw long blond hair over my shoulder and realized it was mine. Somehow I was in Amanda's body and nobody knew. I couldn't fight the overwhelming feeling to push so I didn't protest against the name and I pushed as hard as I could. This went on for about 20 minutes before I heard a small cry and the doctor handed the baby to Jason and said, "Congrats alpha, its a little girl."

     He began to walk away and before I could scream and demand my daughter into my arms I felt suction like a vacuum on your arm except this was all over my body. When I could finally moved I sat up screaming for my daughter. The woman in the room with me seemed shocked and tried to push me back down and sooth me, but I was having none of it. I pushed her away with all the strength I had in me and jumped up running and looking for the little girl. I don't know how I knew but that little girl was my daughter. I didn't carry her in me but somehow she was mine. She was my blood and I had no idea how. I followed my instincts and came upon Jason holding the baby I knew was my daughter. Flesh of my flesh and blood of my blood.

     Jason turned to see me looking confused and I took my daughter from him, "She's mine Jason. I don't know how but she is mine."

     "I know. Lets go see the doctor and I will explain everything."

Jason P.O.V

     I looked into the eyes of my child that looked nothing like my eyes or Amanda's eyes in wonder. Her eyes were a strange shade of green that reminded me so much of Kearstin's eyes. I felt myself being sucked into them and all of a sudden I was surrounded my a bright white light. There was a woman in white in front of me but her face was as bright as the sun and I couldn't make out any determinable features. Then a thought popped into my head, this must be the moon goddess.

     I heard a light chuckle, "Yes my son."

     "How did you hear that?"

     "I am the mother of all wolf kind, but we do not have time for these trivial questions. Our time is limited and I need to tell you something. Your daughter is not the daughter of Amanda. I know the baby was born to her but the child's true mother is Kearstin. She is the blood of her blood and the flesh of her flesh. Kearstin will know this is her daughter so do not be surprised. I must go now. Kearstin is awake. she will be here soon."

     "But I have so many questions!"

     " All in time my son."

     Suddenly I was sucked back into reality and very confused. I turned around with my daughter in my arms and saw Kearstin. "She's mine Jason. I don't know how but she is mine."

     "I know. Lets go see the doctor and I will explain everything." By everything I meant what little I know.