Chapter 36 The Witch and The Vampire

Jason was waiting impatiently for me as I quickly got a shower and dressed. We may have been in a hurry but it wouldn't benefit any of us if I went out there with the lingering smell of my heat all over me. When I was fully dressed Jason clasped his hand around mine before pulling me behind him to the office down the hall. As we walked in there was small girl with long curly brown hair facing the window looking over the woods. She was of a slight built and not very tall but she had an air of power around her. When she turned around I let out a surprised gasp at the coloring of her eyes. Her eyes were an vibrant unnatural shade of purple that appeared to be glowing.

     When she noticed my stare she waved a hand over her face and they changed to a normal shade of chocolate brown. "Sorry about that. I don't get around other people very often. Sometimes I forget my eyes aren't a normal human color."

     Jason didn't seem surprised at all at the easy way she cast a glamour over her eyes but I had never actually seen a witch in person, and definitely never seen magic used so casually. Jason took a seat in his chair and I opted to stand behind him my body humming with too much energy to relax. He gestured for her to sit down and she sat in the arm chair across from the desk crossing her jean clad legs before clasping her hands together on her lap. Even with how calm he looked I could feel the stress as I rested my hands on his shoulders and he spread his hands out telling her she had the floor to talk.

     She let out a deep breath before she started, "My name is Erenay. I was once a member of the Moon coven. We had been approached over a year ago by a wolf asking for help to take over this pack. I didn't bother with learning who he was because I had no intention of helping him. My coven had a policy of not getting involved with wolf or vampire business. There are too many covens that come into trouble by worrying about things that have nothing to do with them. We sent him away and we thought it was over until a few weeks later he was back with help. I was able to fight them off, but by the end everyone else was dead and he had stolen three of my girls. These aren't just any girls though, after me they were the most powerful young witches of their time. All vampires, witches, and werewolves were created by the moon goddess and we all have different gifts. In addition to having powers I also have the sight. I don't control it and there is no way to force it, but I do get glimpses of the future and sometimes the past. A month ago my visions changed into violence. I have been tracking where my sisters were in an attempt to free them, but every time I lock onto a location they move again. My visions have shown me a world that none of us want to live in. After that wolf takes over here, killing you and your luna, he wont stop. He will keep rising until he rules all supernatural creatures and many of us will die. On top of all of that he will imprison all of humanity. The balance between good and evil is a fragile thing. I cant allow any one creature to have that much control or the balance slips and the world will fall into chaos destroying itself in the process. He only wins because you are not prepared when he attacks. He will bring witches, wolves, and vampires. You need more than you have. You need to put out word and get more bodies here to help. You have less than a month. He will attack when every leaf has fallen off the white cedar tree in front of this home."

     I looked at her in shock, "But that tree is already more than halfway bare!"

     Her eyes flashed purple for a second as she looked up to me, "I understand Luna. I will do what I can to help you. You two are a very important part of history and I cannot let you fall just as much as I can not let him succeed."

     Jason spoke next, "How are we important."

     She looked back at Jason, "The moon goddess told me nothing beyond that. All I know is you are important and we need to stop the wolf coming to kill you both."