Chapter 5 Payback

Kearstin POV

     I sat up in bed. My eyes were sore from all the crying I had done today but now it was time to heal. I walked into the bathroom and jumped into the shower turning the water as hot as it would go. I leaned my head back letting the water run over my sore eyes. I stood there until the water began to run cold. I jumped out wrapping my towel around me. Looking in the mirror I saw someone I didn't even recognize, but I shook that thought off.

     When I was done looking at myself I walked out in my towel going straight to my closet. I was going out tonight to take my mind off being rejected. I pulled on a pair of jeans that hugged me just right and a form fitting black top with simple black heels. I then blow dried my hair so that I had loose soft curls and put on a little makeup. I upped my makeup game a little and did a smoky eye as well as my normal foundation and gave myself a bold red matte lip. When I was done I went into the kitchen to grab a bite before leaving. I quickly ate a gondola bar and left. Luckily I didn't run into anyone who was asking questions. I just need some time away from everyone and to have some fun without all of the looks of pity that kept being sent my way. Both Jason and Cody's packs had seen the whole thing. 

     I decided I would just go to the local wolf bar. I parked my little ratty car checked myself out one more time in the visor mirror and headed inside. For a Wednesday night, it was pretty full. But it also took a lot more for werewolves to get drunk. I walked up to the bar and ordered 3 shots and a beer to get started. I downed the shots and brought the beer onto the dance floor with me. I felt more confident with the liquid courage that warmed my belly. I started to dance by myself just losing myself to the music. I smiled as I felt a pair of hand settle on my hips and felt him grind against me. I felt his lips against my neck and I let my head fall back. He turned me around in his arms and brushed his lips across mine.

     My wolf growled at me but I ignored her and shut off the link as I kissed the handsome stranger back. All of a sudden I smelt a delicious scent. I lazily looked up from my distraction to look into the angry, fiery, blue eyes of my mate. He then let out a thunderous growl as he stalked towards us. I pulled on my dance partner's arm pulling him with me frightened that my mate was going to hurt him. He didn't do anything wrong there was no reason for him to get hurt, he was just a distraction.

     I walked outside in the muggy summer air looking at the man, "You should go."

     "But baby we were just starting to have fun."

     A cold voice made me freeze, "I would listen to her if you want to live."

     I turned around slowly as the man ran off, "Who the hell do you think you are? You rejected me! Remember?"

     "That was my mistake. I'm sorry."

     My mouth fell open at his matter of fact statement, "Sorry? That's all you have to say? Sorry, won't fix the pain you put me through! You broke my heart! You have your blonde beauty. You can't have us both!"

     "I sent her away! Please believe me! I want to be with you, please trust that."

      "How can I believe someone I can't trust? First you don't want me now you do want me?! which one is it?!"

     He walked unbelievably close to me. I froze as he leaned close to me. His lips brushed mine and I felt sparks fly as my wolf begged me to give in. It felt good having him this close to me. I felt him lick my bottom lip asking for entrance and I came back to reality and pushed him away.

     "How dare you use the mating bond against me like that? It's going to take a lot more than a kiss to forgive you!" I turned around stalking away my wolf grumbling at me the whole time.

Jason POV

     I jumped into my car to make the long drive to try to get Kearstin to forgive me. My newly ex-girlfriends' words went through my head over and over again. I was sure they were empty threats but something still made me feel uneasy like I was missing something. I shook my head of those thoughts as I pulled up to the pack house. I quickly exited the car and walked to the front door. I hesitated before I finally knocked. I was surprised when Cody's mates answered.

     She sneered at me, "Back to break Kearstin's heart again?"

     I frowned, "I deserve that but really I want to apologize and make it up to her."

     "Forget it, Jason! You broke her heart. I'm not giving you the chance to do it again!"

     I caught the door as she went to slam it. My voice broke, "Please... I need her."

     She eyed me closely for a moment looking like she was having an internal battle. She knew from having a mate and him having to go away on business what it felt like to be away from your mate. She sighed looking defeated, "She went to the bar like an hour ago."

     I thanked her quickly before speeding off to the nearest pack bar. As I drove I kept thinking of what to say but nothing seemed to sound right in my head. I guess I was going to wing it. I stepped out of the car and was assaulted by my mates' scent. I breathed it in quickly and went inside and to the bar. I asked the bartender giving him a description and he pointed to the dance floor.

     I looked to see my mate with her long arms wrapped around another male. She looked up lazily at me, her lipstick smeared, and I growled as I started walking towards them. It angered me more as she grabbed his hand and hurriedly went outside. As I reached outside I heard her telling him in hushed tones to leave and his slurred response.

     I let out a growl, " I would listen to her if you want to live."

     She turned around fire in her eyes as the man ran off, "Who the hell do you think you are? You rejected me! Remember?"

     "That was my mistake. I'm sorry."

     Her mouth hung open for a minute before she responded, "Sorry? That's all sorry? Sorry, won't fix the pain you put me threw! You broke my heart! You have your blonde beauty. You can't have us both!"

     "I sent her away! Please believe me!"

     "How can I believe someone I can't trust? First you don't want me now you do want me?! which one is it?!"

     I felt a pain in my chest from the hurt in her voice. I stepped close to her so close I could feel the heat from her body. I slowly leaned in as she seemed glued to the spot. I lightly ran my lips across hers and sighed as I felt the tingles. I tasted the alcohol on her lips as I ran my tongue along them asking for entrance. All of a sudden it's like she snapped back to life and she pushed me away harshly.

     "How dare you use the mating bond against me like that. It's going to take a lot more than a kiss to forgive you!"

     I watched her turn away and jump into her car and drive off. I growled and punched the brick building. I winced as I pulled it back and moved it knowing I broke something. I sighed as I felt it healing within seconds. What was I going to do? I ruined it all.