Chapter 29 Time Heals All Wounds

Jason POV

     All I could see was red. That mutt had violated my mate. He had touched what was mine and he was going to pay with his life for this. I took a deep breath to calm myself before the doctor led me back to Kearstin's room. The first thing my eyes fell on was her face. It looked like the bruises were already fading from her face which meant the wolfsbane had already worn off. I looked at her hand that had been hurt but it had already seemed to have healed. I stood next to her holding her hand as I watched the last of the bruises fade from her face. She took in a deep breath as she opened her eyes snatched back her hand and screamed as she made herself as small as she could on her bed it was almost like she wasn't even seeing me. I didn't think before I yelled for the doctor. They came in and I watched unable to talk as she begged for them to leave her alone and stop until she was finally sedated. I walked out of the room to the hall as they resettled her waiting for the doctor. I couldn't be in there while they were handling her after she had just begged to be left alone.

     He walked up to me as I leaned against the wall, "I'm sorry Alpha. Things like this can happen when trauma is present. It is likely she was not even fully aware of what was happening. We will slowly bring her out of sedation but we will give her meds so she can hopefully stay calm. Just take it slow with her. You can be in the room with her but sit across the room so that she doesn't see you as soon as she opens her eyes. We didn't heavily sedate her so she should wake up fairly quickly. She is strong Alpha, she will survive this."

     I nodded curtly at him as I reentered the room pulling the chair into the corner as I watched her. I held my head in my hands fighting the urge to hold her. It felt unnatural to not be near to my mate while she is hurting. She looked fully healed but there were still dark circles under her eyes and I could see where the tears had run down her face. Her dark hair was a mass of knots in a halo around her head and they had changed her into a hospital gown and she was covered with a thin white sheet. I watched her face as her eyes moved under her eye lids before slowly fluttering open. She looked around the room until her piercing green eyes full of regret landed on me. I walked quickly her way and stopped as she flinched.

     I let my arms hang as her eyes filled with tears and in a horse voice she said, "I'm sorry Jas."

Kearstin POV

     I opened my eyes and looked around the familiar hospital room. I felt my eyes being pulled to the corner of the room as my eyes landed on my mates clear blue eyes and felt instant regret as the memory of me screaming flooded back. He stood quickly coming over to me and I flinched unconsciously. He stopped quickly letting his arms hang awkwardly at his side.

     I saw the look of hurt in his eyes at my unintended action. "I'm sorry Jas."

     Tears fell down my face as he looked up at me unsure what to do. I held out my hand as he slowly walked up to me taking it. I immediately felt the sparks that were always there but they were more of a comfort now. I wasn't feeling an attraction like I normally would, but I felt comfort from his warmth. I could still feel the mate pull but it wasn't burning red hot like it use to. I think the trauma was making me numb from the full feelings I usually had.

     I took a deep breath knowing I had to tell him what happened. "I need to tell you everything he did to me and I need you to stay calm." He shook his head that I didn't need to talk about it right now but I hushed him needing to tell him this. I couldn't keep this inside or I would burn from the inside out. I needed someone to understand why I feel the way I do right now and he needed to know what little I knew about his plans.

      "After Darrin took me I woke up inside that place alone. I had let my guard down. He came to get me saying you needed me on the training ground. I trusted him and I thought he was my friend. I was obviously wrong. I tried to mind link you when I woke up but I couldn't. I think he drugged me with wolfbane and it was keeping me from connecting. I could hear him coming in so I pretended to be asleep again but he must have knew I was faking and he groped my chest. When he did I brought my head forward and I broke his nose but he just backhanded me. He revealed to me that Amanda was his mate and that he planned on challenging you for alpha before I came along. He was going to just kill you after that and rule with Amanda and the baby who is your rightful heir. He wanted to hurt you as much as you hurt him. I think he planned on torturing me to death," I took a deep breath steadying myself for what was next as he calmly rubbed the back of my hand with his thumb. "He left the room for a short time before coming back with a tool box. He took out pliers and pulled one of my nails out as I screamed.... But he.. he didn't think that physical torture was enough. He then told me that he had a much better idea. He said that sense you had his mate, he would have yours. I wasn't sure what he meant at first but it didn't take long to figure it out." I could see the anger in his eyes but he remained outwardly calm. "He then unlocked my legs pulled off my pants and he violated me," I stopped as sobs came out. I could see his eyes slowly growing darker but he just waited calmly for me to finish. "I fought as hard as I could but he pulled a knife on me. When he was done he left and he left his tool box. I tipped over my chair and I broke my thumb to get my hand out of the strap so I could drag myself to the tool box. I found a hammer and I broke all the locks off the metal straps before I broke the nob off the door and that's when you found me. I tried so hard to get away and warn you. He will be back Jason and he will kill us both."

     He closed his eyes that were completely black by this point and slowly raised my hand to his nose breathing my scent to calm himself. I held myself stiffly but didn't pull away knowing this is what his wolf needed to calm down. He stood there like that for a long time. When he opened his eyes his ocean blues were back and looked determined.

     "I promise you Kearstin, I will find him, and I will kill him. He will never get the chant to hurt us again."

     I knew he wanted to hold more than my hand but right now I just couldn't. I just need some time. Then I remembered our daughter was there when he took me. "The baby is she?...."

     "Perfectly safe. She's with my mom," he answered quickly hearing the panic in my voice.

     I sighed in relief as I looked around the room just wanting to go home. The only time I ever seemed to be here was when something bad happened to me, and I was tired of the reminder. "When can we leave?"

     He smiled at me softly, "Whenever your ready my love."

     My lips lifted slightly at the corners at his endearment, "I'm ready now. Lets go see our daughter."