Chapter 61

"Harry!" Hermione exclaimed as she wrapped him in a hug, startling him quite a bit. "Are you alright? We've heard them talking about the dementor attack," she panted as she stepped back from the hug. "You must tell us everything."

"Let the man breathe Hermione," Ron said from behind her, the girl having been stuck with them for the last month of summer.

"And this hearing at the Ministry...it's just outrageous! I've looked it up and I simply can't explain it. It's completely unfair!" Hermione exclaimed as Harry hesitantly walked into the room.

"There's a lot of that going around at the moment," he said. "So, what is this place?"

"Lena's family home," Hermione explained with a small smile.

"It's Headquarters," Ron added.

"For the Order of the Phoenix. It's a secret society. Dumbledore founded it back when they first fought You-Know-Who," Hermione continued.

"You couldn't have put any of this in a letter I suppose?" Harry asked sarcastically as he looked at his two best friends. "I've gone all summer without a scrap of news."

"We wanted to write mate, really we did," Ron said. "Only..."

"Only what?" Harry asked.

"Only Dumbledore made us swear not to tell you anything. Lena and Sirius too. They weren't happy about it," Hermione answered quickly.

"Dumbledore said that?" Harry questioned. "But why would he want to keep me in the dark? Maybe I could help. After all, I'm the one who saw Voldemort return. I'm the one who fought him. I'm the one who watched Cedric Diggory get killed!"

But before Harry could go on any further, he flinched as two hands were placed on his shoulders and the twins appeared in the room.

"Harry," Fred greeted.

"Thought we heard your dulcet tones," George grinned.

"Don't bottle it up though mate, let it out," Fred invited as he jumped onto the bed, sitting next to his twin.

"Anyway, if you're through with the shouting," George began.

"You want to hear something a little more interesting?" Fred suggested.

"What, did Lena finally tell you what happened in the last meeting?" Ron asked.

"Lena's in the Order?" Harry asked, everyone nodding.

"Inducted on her birthday," George explained. "Our parents, her dad and her godfather are all in there with her."

"And you haven't tried to get anything out of her?" Harry asked incredulously.

"She's not allowed to tell us anything. So, when she asked me not to ask, I promised I wouldn't," Fred explained.

"You are so whipped," George remarked and Fred gave him a look.

"Right, because you wouldn't have done the same if it was bloody Angelina asking?"

"Alright!" Harry exclaimed a little louder as he interrupted. "What were you saying before?"

The twins' grins were wicked as Fred spoke.

"I said I wouldn't ask about her meetings, but I didn't say that I wouldn't try to listen in."