Chapter 95

"We need to get you to the hospital wing, sir, to Madam Pomfrey," Harry said as he, Dumbledore and Leona reappeared in the Astronomy Tower, the older wizard leaning heavily on them as he sat down.

And with the look Dumbledore gave her, Leona's jaw tensed as she knew what needed to happen, especially after what Harry explained to her about the Horcrux.

"Severus. Severus is who I need. Wake him," Dumbledore panted. "Do not speak to anyone else. Explain to him what happened. Severus Harry."

Harry looked to his sister who only nodded.

"Go. I'll take care of him."

As Harry was about to descend the stairs, he stopped at the sound of a door opening.

"Miss Black, you know what to do," Dumbledore said as she helped him to his feet.

"Lena, what is he talking about?" Harry asked sceptically.

"I'm sorry Harry," she said softly.

"Petrificus Totalus."

And Harry was frozen in place by Dumbledore's spell as Leona then summoned his invisibility cloak and covered him with it, giving Dumbledore one last look before facing the door and watching as Draco Malfoy walked in, his wand pointed at Dumbledore.

"Good evening, Draco," Dumbledore greeted. "What brings you here on this fine spring evening?"

"Lena, why are you here?" he asked sharply, Harry confused as to why he addressed her as Lena.

"Draco you don't have to do this," she said softly, empty hands held out for him to see, clear distress on his face.

"I can't go back now!" he spat. "I've done things! Bad things!" Draco exclaimed, almost sobbing.

"You mean like cursing Katie Bell and hoping that in return she'd bear a cursed necklace to me? Or replacing a bottle of mead with one laced with poison? Forgive me, Draco, but I can't help but believe that these actions are so weak that your heart can't really have been in them," Dumbledore said.

"You don't know me!" Draco raged as he twisted his wand, taking a step closer to Dumbledore. "You don't care about me, so don't pretend to!"

"But I do," Leona said as she stepped in front of his wand. "Cousin, you don't have to do this."

"I have to, I can't let her die," Draco whispered, veins in his neck pulsing as he tried to fight his tears and keep his voice from breaking.

"I shall make this easy for you then," Dumbledore said as he drew his wand.

"Expelliarmus!" Draco called as his spell forced Dumbledore's wand from his hand.

And then came the sound of the door and Draco's eyes widened.

"Lena hide!" he urged.

"You're not alone. There are others," Dumbledore realised. "How?"

"The vanishing cabinet in the room of requirement. I've been mending it."

"Let me guess," Dumbledore said as he moved to stand next to Leona. "It has a sister. A twin."

"In Borgin and Burkes. They form a passage," Draco explained, breaths short, almost as if he was gasping for air.

"Draco please, let me help you," Leona tried again.

"NO!" he bellowed, eyes red and tears flowing freely as he pulled up his sleeve and showed his mark. "He chose me! I have to do this. My father's in Azkaban and my mother's all I have left. I HAVE TO DO THIS! I have to kill you," he cried brokenly as he pulled his sleeve back down. "Leona, hide please," he begged, and the girl merely glanced at Dumbledore who refused to take his eyes off Draco.

"It's time for you to take your leave, Miss Black. Remember what you have to do."

And Leona gave Draco a pained look before she Disapparated.

And landed in Fred's arms back at the joke shop as she broke out in tears.

"Hey! Hey! You're ok! It's ok!" he soothed as he held her close.

"He hates me now. My brother hates me," she cried as they both sank to the floor inside the office.

"Look, look at me!"

Fred held Leona's face as he forced her to look at him.

"He doesn't know the whole story. He never knows the whole story and yet he acts anyways. You know the whole story, and that is what's going to save him."

A sob broke out from her as Fred pulled her head back to his shoulder.

"It's going to be ok."