Chapter 64

Not only was Harry getting strange looks left, right and centre, but so was Leona.

She really didn't know what she would do without the twins, Fred especially seeing as George had wanted to spend a bit of time by himself. Angelina had broken up with him because George believed that Voldemort was back, rather than the lies that the Ministry fed them.

The trio now sat at the Gryffindor table enjoying dinner, before Dumbledore called for attention.

"Good evening children! Now, we have two changes in staffing this year. We are pleased to welcome back Professor Grubblyplank, who will be taking care of Magical Creatures, whilst Professor Hagrid is on temporary leave."

Leona furrowed her brows.

That seemed off.

Hagrid loved to teach people about his animals. He'd never leave as he didn't really have a reason to.

Then Dumbledore introduced a woman at the very end of the table, a proud short little thing dressed entirely in pink.

"We also wish to welcome our new Defence Against the Dark Arts Teacher, Professor Dolores Umbridge. I'm sure you'll join me in wishing the Professor good luck. Now, as always, our caretaker, Mr Filch, has asked me to remind you-"

Dumbledore was cut off by a very high-pitched clearing of someone's throat and Professor Umbridge stood.

"This should be good," Leona muttered, the twins murmuring in agreement.

"She was at my hearing. She works for Fudge," Harry said to Hermione and then his sister, who gripped Fred's hand nervously.

"Thank you, Headmaster, for those kind words of welcome," she said as she made her way to the front of the podium. "And how lovely to see all your bright, happy faces smiling up at me."

No one was smiling.

"I'm sure we're all going to be very good friends."

"That's likely," Leona and the twins huffed sarcastically, and the woman's blue eyes shot straight to them.

"The Ministry of Magic has always considered the education of young witches and wizards to be of vital importance. Although each Headmaster has brought something new to this historic school," Umbridge began before giving Dumbledore a nod witch he returned before the face of the old wizard dropped. You could tell that he too didn't like her and that he didn't want her here but likely had no choice.

"Progress for the sake of progress must be discouraged. Let us preserve what can be preserved, perfect what can be perfected, and prune practices that ought to be prohibited."

The cryptic woman then returned to her seat as Dumbledore led the small round of confused applause and Leona caught the end of what Hermione was saying to Harry and Ron.

"It means the Ministry is interfering at Hogwarts."

"Hey, Freddy? Georgie?" Leona whispered as Dumbledore resumed speaking.

"Yeah?" the twins chorused.

"I think we're going to make some of our best sales this year."

They grinned wickedly.

"Lena, we've been thinking exactly the same."