Pɪʟᴏᴛ

ROSEWOOD, the town where everyone thought all was okay, like a dollhouse really

ROSEWOOD, the town where everyone thought all was okay, like a dollhouse really. From the outside it's beautiful, bright and full of happiness, but once you look through the window to the inside, it's darkness consumes you, the secrets, the lies, the murders.

And that's where I live. Well, used to.

College was filled with a load of suck ass bitches that thought they were better than everyone else, so as soon as I'd thrown my grad-cap in the air, I was outta there.

My parents never moved with me when I went to Philadelphia for college, I went on my own, which I wasn't too upset about because that meant I could bring anyone back to my apartment without my parents watching over us like hawks.

They both stayed in Rosewood, where I grew up, and currently I was heading back there. My life had no future if I stayed in Philly, I figured going back to my hometown would help me set my priorities straight and perhaps find a career I love.

"Thank you." I smiled softly at the driver through the rear-view mirror as I handed him a twenty, clutching my duffel bag and slipping out the car. My suitcase in the boot was bigger than me so I would've appreciated the driver coming out to help me but he stayed put, staring at the note I'd given him as if I'd scammed him and given him Monopoly money or something.

It was a pretty place, I loved it here, a smile curved on my lips as I headed up the stairs to my parents front porch, kicking the door lightly as my hands were full.

"Oh baby!" My Mother cooed as she burst through the front door, engulfing me in an embrace. I watched from behind her as my puppy and Father came rushing towards us.

"There's our girl!" My Dad called, wrapping an arm around me once my mother had let go. I gave them both a warm greeting before crouching down and attacking Mocha with kisses and hugs, yes Mocha, my Mother named him due to her caffeine addiction.

"Your room is just like how you left it except it's clean now," My Mum trailed behind me up the stairs, "And we have dinner at Aunt Ella's tonight so unpack first and put on a pretty dress okay? They haven't seen you in ages."

I hummed in response, using my back side to push my door open and sighing in contempt at the warmth my room radiated immediately.

My clean bedsheets crumpled once my bags and suitcase were thrown into them, I perched myself on the end and glanced over to my Mother leaning against the doorframe. "And stay with Aria after dinner, I think her friends are excited to see you again." She smiled.

"Will Alison Dilaurentis be there?" I asked, pressing my hands against the mattress behind me to prop me upright.

"Of course she will be, those girls never leave each-others sides." My Mother rolled her eyes playfully before tapping the door frame and swiftly wandering down the hall.

I had my curiosity about Alison, my little cousin's best friend, she was always so passionate about things no one else was. Very aggressive if you so slightly did the wrong thing, and she was the one 'in charge' of the friend group.