Nᴏ ʀᴇɢʀᴇᴛs

𝗤𝗨𝗜𝗡𝗡 𝗠𝗢𝗡𝗧𝗚𝗢𝗠𝗘𝗥𝗬'𝗦 𝗣𝗢𝗩:

SOMETIMES I do truly believe that I'm a good person.

I mean despite all my god-awful mistakes I've made in the past, I think I'm making up for those now by doing acts of kindness. Like once again helping a drunk fucking Jason out.

To be honest I thought I'd be beating myself up for helping him home, I should've left him face-first on the pavement, he looked better that way. But there's just a part in me that couldn't have done that, and that part took over my actions.

Yet again I never got a 'Thank you' for it, but he was practically unconscious the whole time so I'm not surprised. It's been two days since the party, which means back to work today.

I had invited Ledger with me to Kenji's party but Ledger got called in on a night shift so he couldn't make it. Part of me was gutted because then it would've meant we would spend another night together and I would've really liked that.

The case of the murder of Alison was still ongoing, Toby Cavanaugh was the number one suspect. I was convinced it was him at first, but my thoughts are wandering onto other people instead.

"Hey, how we all doing?" I called chirpily as I made my way over towards the girls, each of them stood looking anxious by Spencer's locker.

"Hi, we're okay." Spencer said with a small shrug, my eyes thinned, "Okay....what's happened?" I asked.

"Ian Thomas stayed at Hilton Head the same weekend Ali was there with her grandma." Spencer hissed quietly, my brows furrowed tightly together and eyes widened. 

"Okay well the cops aren't going to arrest him just because he supposedly stayed there the same time and Ali carved his name onto a tree." Hanna shrugged, we begun to walk through the hallways, "Yeah a tree that's no longer there." Aria added.

"Well nobody knows about that except us, Ian..." Hanna turned to head to the side as she spoke, "And A." Our eyes followed hers and landed on a smug-looking Noel Kahn leant up against his locker chatting with his friends.

The bell rang out and we all parted ways, heading into my officers I shut my door behind me and moved over to my desk. A small piece of card was propped up on my folders, I picked it up and flipped it open.

'Thank you.'

That was it, no name, no initial signed or anything. Just 'thank you' part of me hoped it was Jason, maybe becoming slightly nice towards me. But another part of me had a big feeling it was A playing games.

My door creaked open and one of my tutees slowly poked their head in the room. I quickly folded the card into my bag and sat back on my chair.

"Morning Ryan, come on in." I smile brightly at the boy as he entered and shut the door behind him. Flooding me with questions about his exam coming up.

The day flowed by once again and soon it was lunchtime, I stood by the girls table in the canteen for a little while just so we could continue our chat.

"Hey, since when is your little brother and Noel Kahn friends?" Emily tapped Aria's wrist and pointed behind her, all of us turned to look at the same time. The taller brunette boy talking to my baby cousin.

"What the fu-" I begun but was interrupted by Aria's loud sigh. "No they're not friends." She mumbled under her breath.

"Hanna you were right about the cops, we need to find some kind of proof." Spencer said sternly, my hands clutched tighter around my coffee cup before bringing it to my lips.

"Thank you Veronica Mars!" Hanna joked sarcastically, Spence shot her a deadpanned look.

"That proof maybe boxed in your kitchen." Emily shrugged lightly.

A figure came up behind me and I swear to god I almost screamed, I was so relieved to see it was Maya. "Hi." She smiled at each of us before looking down at Emily.

Em jumped out of her seat and briefly kissed the girl, "are we still on for later?" Maya asked Emily quietly, each of us girls shared a look with eachother that was proudness and happiness for our bestfriend.

The two giddy girls continued their discreet discussion, "What's later?" Spence asked.

"Um...studying." Emily said with a small nod of her head, "Is that girl-on-girl code for romance?" Hanna teased with a big grin on her face.

"No Hanna, we're actually studying." Emily laughed lightly.

"But your friend is a romantic." Maya added, my brows raised and I leant forward to face Em, "Oh is she now!" I teased and poked her stomach causing her to laugh.

"Oh yeah! Walks in the rain...picnics by the lake, dancing naked in candlelight.." Emily listed, my eyes widened and Hanna and I bit back our giggles.

Emily burst out laughing, "I'm just kidding, we go to dinner and a movie just like you guys."

Each of us laughed lightly, "Well she's not entirely kidding, Emily would love to do all of those thin-" Maya began to say but was interrupted by Emily trying to shove her away from us.

"Okay you should hush." Em grinned and pulled her away, we laughed at the two girls as they left the table.

"Meet 'round mine tonight to chat more about things?" Hanna suggested, I looked at the other two girls and nodded.

"See you guys later okay?" I called before waving my goodbyes and heading out of the canteen.

I clutched my folders to my chest as I headed down the corridor, only to be abruptly stopped by a large hand wrapping around my upper arm and yanking me into a classroom.

I spun round only to be met with Jason, a dark blue button-up shirt was tucked neatly into some black jeans, his hair tousled and looked as if it needed a good brush. He looked exhausted.

"Hey." He sighed, his eyes lingering over me for a split second before glancing around the room.

"Hi?" I said suspiciously, what the fuck did he want now?

"Look I..." his hand came up to pinch the bridge of his nose, "I just wanted to say thank you, y'know for the other night, I did write you a note but I was unsure whether you got i-"

"I got it." I interrupted him, he glanced at me and nodded. "And it's alright honestly, I mean I highly doubt you would've done the same for me but I guess I'm just kind huh." I smiled sarcastically to myself.

Jason's face scrunched up tightly, "I would've helped if it was you in that situation." He mumbled. My brows raised.

"Okay well, I'll see you around." I said softly and moved toward the closed door, pushing it open and slipping outside.

I only faintly heard the call of my name from Jason behind me but it was too late to turn back now, I was already nearby my office.