Sᴏᴍᴇᴏɴᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴡᴀᴛᴄʜ ᴏᴠᴇʀ ᴍᴇ

"IM sorry," Ledger mumbled as he pulled on a grey t-shirt, gazing down at me sat upright in his bed

"IM sorry," Ledger mumbled as he pulled on a grey t-shirt, gazing down at me sat upright in his bed. I nodded but kept my eyes fixated on my thumbs that twiddled round one another.

I heard him sigh and shuffle round the bed to his side, before pulling back the duvet so he could sliver under it. My head was still hurting from the amount of alcohol I'd consumed tonight but I was sobering up quickly.

"Quinn." Ledger mumbled, he rolled on his side and stared up at me, I met his eyeline and lightly furrowed my brows.

"I'm sorry I've been so moody this evening..."

I nodded in response to his apology and looked back at my intertwined hands. Ledger huffed defeatedly before moving back and flicking off his lamp, flooding the room with darkness.

Ledger shocked me tonight, I mean everyone can get pissed off and angry sometimes, but taking that anger out on someone who's done nothing wrong? And doesn't even know the full story as to why you're angry? Makes no sense to me.

If Ledger was so pissed, he should've just messaged me and told me to make my own way home so he could be alone and cool off. I would've preferred that then him ruining a good night by being so snappy and moody with me.

And the whole Jason thing really screwed with my mind; I curled up on my side with my back facing Ledger, clutching the duvet up to my chin as I knitted my eyes shut deep in thought. Jason lingered in the back of my head and I tried so hard to kick him out, but the concern on his face when he saw me come back into Kenji's house after Ledger was rude to me, was that concern real? Or a facade?

I relaxed into the comfort of the duvet and pushed all the thoughts in my mind out of my head. Slowly allowing slumber to take me over, leaving this night behind.

The sound of food frying, toast being popped down into the toaster and the kettle boiling caused me to stir and slowly wake up. Rubbing the sleep from my eyes I slinked out from under the covers and grabbed one of Ledger's hoodies to throw on.

I heard the faint sound of Adele playing on the radio, Ledger humming along here and there.
Sighing and stepping further into the kitchen I hugged my arms around myself and headed towards the island.

"Good morning." Ledger smiled softly once he noticed my presence, he looked beautiful in that moment, hair tousled, eyes twinkling with life, the stubble of his beard neatly tidied up; his grey t-shirt hugging his upper arms snugly, along with black running shorts.

"Morning." I retorted, feeling my lips form into a smile I couldn't contain when I looked at him.

Ledger turned the heat on the hob down so the eggs didn't overcook, he danced his fingertips across the island countertop as he made his way over to me.