Tʜᴇ ᴅᴇᴠɪʟ ʏᴏᴜ ᴋɴᴏᴡ

TWO MONTHS LATER

TWO MONTHS LATER...

AFTER Ian had confessed to murdering Alison, my mum packed up our suitcases and took us on a spontaneous trip to her hometown in Spain. It was awful timing to leave the girls but thinking hard about it, I needed this getaway badly.

We hadn't spoken in a little while, Aria kept the most in touch obviously because her parents kept in touch with mine, but she hardly told me anything that was going on back home.

I'd attended Ian's funeral and then it was time for our trip a week after that, I would've thought we would only go for about two weeks, a month and a friggin' half later we were on the plane back. Damn.

"Mi amor, I understand that going back home might be tough so if you ever need a break again you let me know okay?" My mother lightly stroked under my chin as we waited outside the airport for our cab.

"I can't just run away from my problems Mum, as tempting as it sounds, I've got to face them." I shrugged. Dad hummed and nodded in agreement, Mum scowled at him.

"I know chica, you get your confident attitude from me." She smirked, now Dad was the one scowling, I giggled at them and shook my head.

"Hey he's here, let's go!" Dad called, picking up his suitcases, I grabbed mine and my duffel bag, groaning and stretching my neck as I walked. God I hated sleeping on airplanes, always woke up with the worst neck and backache.

The hour journey home from the airport I spent leaning my head against the window, watching the world go by; I thought about Ledger, god I missed him, we facetimed almost every night and every Monday night and Friday he'd put Diem on the phone for me. It was strange not seeing him for so long, but it's true when they say distance makes the heart grow fonder.

My parents took forever getting their bags out of the trunk, so I snagged mine out and bounded over to the front door, Aria and her family had been taking care of Mocha whilst we were away so it was strange not having a little puppy attacking me as I walked through the front door.

Instead I had the girls, Toby, Caleb, Samara (Emily's girlfriend) Ledger, Diem, Aunt Ella and Uncle Byron yelling 'Welcome home!'

"Holy shit!" I gasped, dropping my suitcase onto the floor in shock. "Wha- how?" I didn't know who to look at, I was excited, shocked, and happy at the same time.

"Welcome home Quinn!" Aria darted over to me first, engulfing me in her arms, then Spence, then Han, then Em.

"And where the hell is our surprise greet!" My dad called as they both entered behind me, everyone laughed collectively and moved further into our house so we could get in.