Lᴇᴅɢᴇʀ Wᴀʟᴛᴇʀs

MY feet hurt from running so fast through the hospital corridors, Dad was trailing behind, I scanned every room possible until I whipped round a corner and ran straight into the chest of a tall man in scrubs

"Hi, please tell me where my Mother is, they said room 23 but she wasn't there." I panted out of breath, the doctor gently held my upper arms and moved me back from him so he could see me.

"Her name?" He asked, my Dad came up beside me and firmly shook the doctors hand, I turned away and glanced around the halls as the two men exchanged information about my mother.

The doctor led us toward the elevator and up a floor, he explained to us about her injuries and how many people were coming in tonight due to the storm. I almost choked when he said they blamed the storm for her accident, I beg to differ about that theory.

"She's not awake at the moment but I can promise you she'll be absolutely fine, she is good hands here." He smiled softly at the two of us, I let my dad go into her room and slouched my back up against the door.

"You're lucky, her car was totalled, she's a strong woman surviving that." The doctor stuffed his hands into his trouser pockets. I nodded and turned away from him, it's not that he was bothering me, don't get me wrong he was handsome as hell, but I could only focus on my Mother right now.

"Can I get you anything? Coffee? Water?" The doctor offered, I glanced back toward him and pressed my lips down into a small smile, "A water would be great, thank you." I retorted, watching him nod and stroll off down the hall.

I allowed my Father to spend some alone time with my mum in her hospital room, figuring that I'd just see her shortly and could speak to her then. I sauntered over to the few seats opposite the hospital room and sat down. My hands rubbed up and down against my jeans in attempt to warm them up, wind whistled outside the hospital and that worried me as we'd have to make our way home in this weather.

My phone was dead so I couldn't message any of the girls to let them know what had happened, the fact that A had caused this accident makes bile trickle up my throat.

"Here you are love." The doctor came back into view, hand extended holding a blue plastic cup filled with water. I hesitantly took it from him and thanked him quietly, taking this moment to finally get a proper good look at him. I have to admit, he's more good looking than I first realised, with his dark brown hair combed back and slightly messy, thin stubble along his jaw and around his mouth. The way his dark blue scrubs fitted him perfectly, he had to only be in his 20s.

"Hopefully we'll only have to do one more scan for your mother then she'll be free to head home." He sat down beside me, I glanced over to him and nodded. "Ledger, Ledger Walters." I gently placed my free hand into his own and shook it slowly.