Tʜɪs ɪs ᴀ Dᴀʀᴋ ʀɪᴅᴇ

"SO, how do I look?" I beamed, placing my hands on my hips and swaying side to side

"SO, how do I look?" I beamed, placing my hands on my hips and swaying side to side. Ledgers eyes cast up from the newspaper he was holding, they lit up at the sight of me and a grin made its way across his face.

"You look beautiful." He stood up and sauntered over to me, I chuckled and wrapped my arms loosely around his neck. "What am I gonna do without you tonight?" I pouted, "I'll try get off early as possible but, no promises sweetheart." Ledgers grimaced.

He'd been called into work last minute when we'd had this night planned for ages, I had to have a last minute costume change too as I was now going solo. The theme us girls were going for were famous movie stars but as I couldn't think of any, I decided to go as a woman from the 60s.

"What time does the train leave?" Ledge asked, moving across my kitchen and helping himself to a glass of water. "I think it leaves at six? I'm not too sure, but I'm going to head over to Aria's and we're going to go together because Ezra cancelled on her too." I sighed, glancing at my reflection in the window and readjusting how my hair sat.

"You ready to go now?" Ledger placed his glass in the sink and grabbed his keys off the counter, I hummed in response, grabbing my phone and bag before trailing behind him out the door.

Aria and I sauntered into the brew, a flash of light flickering across us as Lucas stood by the entrance with his camera. "Wonderful ladies." He smiled sweetly to which we returned.

"Are the others here?" I asked Aria, looping my arm through hers as we glanced around the room in search for the rest of our friends. "I don't think so." She mumbled.

"The shuttle for the ghost train is leaving in five minutes, we have plenty of shuttles so don't panic if the first one is full." A man's voice called over the PA speakers.

"Hey look! there's Han." I pointed towards the entrance as Hanna strutted in, white halter neck dress and her striking blonde hair curled up into a bob.

"Oh my god, you look amazing!" Aria and I gushed as Hanna stopped before us. "Oh...no big, I just put it together, barely took six hours" The blonde shrugged, humble as always.

"Who are you again?" Han asked Aria, "Daisy, from the Great Gatsby."

"The movie?"

"No...the book." Aria grimaced. "Oh, where's your author?" Hanna asked. "Ugh, Ezra had to cancel on me." She sighed heavily.

"Great! Well, I mean...now I'm not the only one without a date, so." Hanna retorted. "What about you Quinn? Where's Ledger?" She asked.