ᴅɪɢɢɪɴɢ ᴜᴘ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴀsᴛ

A tall blonde with makeup smudged around her eyes answered the door

A tall blonde with makeup smudged around her eyes answered the door. My mouth snapped shut and eyes widened.

"Um, is Jason here?" I asked sheepishly, the girl eyed me suspiciously before nodding slowly.

"Who is i-" A familiar deep voice came from behind the blonde, Jason soon came into sight, his voice trailed off when he his eyes met mine.

"Quinn....w-what are you doing here?" Jason mumbled, his hand coming to rest up on the doorframe beside the blonde girls head, she folded her arms over her chest and sent me a smug look.

"We need to talk." I said firmly, not glancing a look at the blonde whom scoffed and turned her head to face Jason.

"You should go." He mumbled to her, her mouth dropped agape, "You're fucking joking right?" Her voice came out bristly and...bitchy.

"Go, now." Jason gritted out, she huffed and moved out of the way to grab her stuff I supposed.

I glanced down at the floor and pretended I was day dreaming because Jason fell silent and the thought of small-talking with him made me want to pluck my hair out with tweezers.

"Kiss goodbye?" The blonde came back into view, holding a bundle of clothes, Jason scowled at her and nodded his head out the door.

"Fuck you." She hissed before storming out the door and smacking my shoulder on the way past. Someone has their panties in a twist.

"Come in." Jason nodded into his house and pulled the door open further for me. My eyes casted to the digital clock on the kitchen counter as I stepped inside.

"I didn't know whether you'd be up or not, I didn't realise how late it was sorry." I said softly, clutching the folded paper tightly and turning to face him.

Jason shut the door and shrugged, leaning his back up against it and nodding at me to say what I needed to.

"Spencer, was sent this..." I mumbled, holding out the paper to him, he sauntered forward and slowly took it from my grasp. I watched in curiosity as he unfolded the paper and eyed it carefully, trying to read his expression was extremely hard. He was stoic.

"Looks like it was taken in Ali's bedroom." Jason whispered under his breath, so quiet I hardly heard him. "Do you know who could've taken it?" I asked him, rocking back and forth on my heels impatiently.

Jason lifted a hand up to his head and ran it through his hair, sighing heavily and keeping his eyes fixated on the photograph.

"Look, I don't know," Jason mumbled, lifting his head up so his eyes met mine, "We got sent a lot of shit when she disappeared, pictures, letters from random people with conspiracy theories, so this.." he held up the picture and waved it slightly, "Is probably fake."

I scoffed and turned away from him, "It's clearly Ali, and it was taken in Spencer's yard." I said sharply.

"I'll take it to my PI, see what he can find out, okay?" Jason suggested, I turned around and nodded forcefully. He clearly never thought it was him that took the photograph, probably too drugged up to even remember that night.