Tʜᴇ Kᴀʜɴ Gᴀᴍᴇ

THE bell rang out to signify the end of fourth period and I have never rushed so much to gather my things and get the hell outta there

THE bell rang out to signify the end of fourth period and I have never rushed so much to gather my things and get the hell outta there. I loved finishing early.

I must admit I got a lot of looks from students in the school, some asking me whether I'd gotten into a 'fight' and some making up bullshit that I was in a gang or something. Instead of scolding them I just laughed. Though the principle wasn't too pleased with my excuse for my busted face, but he did end up saying 'You are in your twenties, and everyone has those moments.'

I rushed down the front of the high school steps and struggled to grab my car keys out of my pocket, once I'd pulled them out I glanced up and saw Spencer talking to Jason nearby where my car was parked. Fuck fuck fuck.

"Hey.." I called, Spencer turned 'round and beamed, sending me a short wave, Jason took one look at me and brushed past Spencer, storming straight up to me making me halt in my steps. His face twisted into one of shock-horror.

"Who the fuck did this to you?" He lifted his hand up gently to my face and pushed it to the side to highlight my busted cheekbone.

I kind of admired how protective he sounded, for someone who's had such a bad past with me you'd think he'd just look at me and laugh. But instead, the way his teeth gritted, chest heaved and eyes darkened said otherwise.

"I got drunk and walked into my bathroom door, it's whatever." I shrugged it off, Spencer sauntered past and squeezed my forearm before heading off back to school.

"Your bathroom door did that to you?" Jason asked sternly, his eyes examined the bruising, before he slowly lifted his hand up once more. "May I?" He asked softly, I shrugged with a small nod.

The pad of his thumb slowly rubbed underneath the gash on my cheek, I bit my bottom lip hard to fight back the urge to hiss in pain. His brows knitted tight together as he really inspected the cut.

"You must have some sharp-ass door, that looks like you've been cut with a knife." Jason dropped his hand and folded his arms over his chest.

I laughed lightly and shook my head, "yeah something like that." I mumbled, glancing around, Jason's eyes never left my face.

"Anyways, I'll see you around, I got a bunch of papers to grade and they're not going to grade themselves." I groaned, sending him a short smile before sliding past him and moving over to my car. I could feel his eyes burning into me, watching my every move as I started up the ignition and drove off down the road. Fuck fuck fuck, again.

I had spent the entire evening grading papers, Ledger came 'round once his shift was over and we ordered takeout. Lazing around on my sofa and catching up about our day. My legs rested over his and my hands cradled a glass of white wine, he drank a can of cola, although I'd offered him beer, he declined.