Tʜᴇ ɴᴇᴡ ɴᴏʀᴍᴀʟ

IT was a Saturday morning, it had been an entire week since I'd spoken to Jason about the photograph, and although he'd said he would take it to his PI, I hadn't heard from him since

The girls and I hadn't really been with eachother much this week, I'd been crazy busy with tutoring  and they all had assignments due almost every fucking day.

"Hey do you reckon you could pick Diem up for me on Monday afternoon?" Ledger asked, his back to me as he stood by the stove stirring the pasta sauce he'd made.

I closed the magazine I was reading and placed it onto the island counter in front of me, "yeah of course, where do you need me to get her from?" I asked.

Ledger and I had been spending a lot of time together, I was head over heels for him, though we'd only known eachother for just over a month, it felt like years.

We weren't officially a couple as we'd never actually spoken about that, I wouldn't exactly call us friends with benefits either; we were just a couple, without the label...

"Just from her Mum's I'll text you the address tomorrow after work." He smiled at me over his shoulder and I admired the view, his back muscles strained against the white long sleeve cotton top he had on, and his grey sweats hugged his hips perfectly.

"What are you smiling at?" He chuckled lightly, turning back round to the stove and turning the hob down before making his way round the island to me.

I shook my head with a grin playing on my lips as Ledgers hands made their way to my waist, his knee nudged my legs apart so he could stand between them.

"You're beautiful, y'know that?" He whispered, his thumbs drew small circles over my hips, I reached up and looped my arms around his neck, drawing him in close to me.

"I really like you Ledger.." I sighed, our lips millimetres apart, his warm breath fanned my mouth.

"I really like you Quinn." Ledger retorted, leaning forward more and brushing his lips lightly over mine, gently tugging on my bottom lip as he pulled back, leaving me wanting more.

"Are we...y'know?" I shrugged, I had to get the question out there as it had been eating my mind up ever since we first slept together.

"Together?" Ledger finished off for me, I nodded, sucking in my bottom lip nervously, anticipating his answer.

"We can be whatever you wanna be babe." He smiled softly, I grinned and kissed him hard on the mouth making him chuckle, "So...exclusive then?" He asked between kisses.

"Yes, now shut up." I laughed and kissed him more. The sound of the doorbell followed by a chorus of knocks startled us both and caused us to rear back from our moment.

"Who could that be?" Ledger asked and headed out of the kitchen to answer his front door.

I shrugged to myself and turned round, picking my magazine back up and skimming my eyes over the page, I heard a faint conversation from Ledger and it sounded like another guy, it was only brief before it fell silent.

"Quinn!" Ledger called, I shouted back a 'yeah!' swivelling round on my stool to face the hall doorway.

"It's for you!" Ledgers voice grew nearer as he entered the kitchen once more and nodded over his shoulder.

"For me?" I furrowed my brows and slipped off the stool, shuffling out the kitchen and down the hallway towards the front door that had been partially closed.

I pulled it open to reveal a very sharp looking Jason, black t-shirt that hugged his upper body, dark blue jeans and his usual black Chelsea boots. He fitted the 'bad boy demeanour' perfectly, it was enough to make you feel sick.

"Jason...I-" I quickly glanced over my shoulder to check where Ledger was before stepping out the front door and shutting it behind me. Jason ran a hand through his gelled quiff and looked down at his shoes before back up at me.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, my brows were knitted tight together, how the hell did he know I was here? He doesn't know anything about Ledger, let alone where he lives, well, except for now.

"I went to yours, but your Dad told me you were at your boyfriends, so I asked where he lived because it was important and I needed to speak with you." Jason stuffed his hands into his front pockets and rocked back and forth on his heels.

"What'd you wanna speak to me about?" I folded my arms over my chest, suddenly feeling very naked as I only had Ledgers grey sweatshirt on and a skimpy pair of black shorts that barely showed because of how long his sweater was on me.

"My PI found some stuff out about the picture, I figured you'd wanna know." Jason retrieved his hand from his pocket before diving it into his back pocket and pulling out a folded piece of paper.

"He typed up all the information, and analysed the picture..." Jason begun to unfold the paper.

"Can we do this another time?" I interrupted, Jason's hands stopped moving and his eyes met mine, his brows lightly furrowed before drawing back as he realised what I meant.

"It's just...I'm busy and I can't do this right now." I mumbled, of course I wanted to know all about what Jason had found out as it could be super important for me and the girls, but right now was not the time at all.

"Yeah I get it, will you be at home tonight?" Jason asked as he slowly begun to turn around.

"I'll be home by 9." I retorted, I'm pretty sure this was the calmest we had both been with one another, actually, we'd had a few calm interactions where my blood didn't ragingly boil within his presence.

"Is it alright if I come 'round?" He asked, his hands clasped together to make a loose fist.

"Yeah, just don't knock, text me as you're walking up the drive." I ordered, my parents loved Jason, because he played a really good role as a 'sweetheart' when him and I were 'together' they fell for his game just as much as I did. So if they saw him coming around in the evening, they'd suspect something was going on between us, and that's the last thing I needed.

"What if I want to say hi to your Mum?" Jason smirked, I flipped him off and turned round to re-open the front door; I heard his faint chuckle from behind as he wandered towards his car.

"Who was that baby?" Ledger asked as I sauntered back into the kitchen and hopped up on my stool again, Ledger was now dishing up our food.

"Jason Dilaurentis, Ali's older brother." I hummed and began to pick at my cuticles.

"What did he want?" Ledger turned and handed me a bowl, his tone was genuine and caring, not jealous or anything like that, like any other guy probably would be.

"It was some information about Ali's killer, he said he's going to email them to me or something." I lied, not meeting Ledgers eyes as he sat down beside me.

Ledger hummed in response as we both picked up our cutlery and silently tucked into our food.