Tʜᴇ Dɪɴɴᴇʀ Qᴜᴇsᴛ

LEDGER never specifically told me where we were going, but I figured I might as well dress nicely instead of underdressing

My black, strapless dress clung to my body in all the right places, showing off my decent curves and body I was very proud of and comfortable in. I wrapped a beige blazer-jacket over my top and pulled on my heels.

Just as I was grabbing my handbag off the counter and calling my goodbyes to my parents, Ledger pulled up outside the front of my house. "Ah ah, chica!" My Mother's voice boomed behind me as I was beginning to shut the front door.

"Mum I don't have time!" I whined, groaning when she pecked my forehead and beamed at me. "Where is he?" She asked, peering over my shoulder before her eyes met Ledgers vehicle.

"baby he is handsome!" She squealed, throwing an arm up and over-exaggerating her wave at Ledger, I squeezed my eyes shut and groaned very loudly.

"Ok ok, have fun, love you." She ushered me off the front porch; I shot her a glare over my shoulder which said 'we are speaking about your behaviour later'

Ledger stepped out the drivers side and walked me round to the passengers, "You look...beautiful." He smiled down at me softly, I bit back my own grin and thanked him quietly before slinking into the passenger seat.

His car smelt like spearmint and aftershave, a lovely combo might I add, "You don't look too bad yourself Dr Walters." I teased, clutching my purse on my lap as Ledger strapped himself in.

He smirked and glanced over at me before putting the vehicle in gear and taking us off down the road and into the night.

The restaurant was just on the outskirts of town, dimly lit with candles aligning the tables, fake blossom trees dangling over in the corners of the room. Our table was secluded from everyone else in the restaurant which was nice, not that I don't mind socialising I just don't like screaming children throwing food about.

Ledger ordered a bottle of red wine to be brought to our table, he told me he'd booked us a taxi home because he didn't feel safe driving after a drink, I completely understood; Some people can have one or two and be fine driving, but it's always better to be safe than sorry I suppose.

"How are you doing?" He asked, unscrewing the lid on the bottle and pouring the blood-coloured liquid into my glass. "I'm good, I haven't been at work in a few days, but the pains gone, just the bruising that's still there." I shrugged slightly.

"It's so weird that someone would try and hit you both, hit your friend, then just drove off." Ledger brought a hand up and rubbed the back of his neck, disregarding his comment my eyes trained on to how his white button-up hugged his arms with that action.