Tʜᴇ ʙʟᴏɴᴅᴇ ʟᴇᴀᴅɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴇ Bʟɪɴᴅ

ONE MONTH LATER

ONE MONTH LATER

HONESTLY, I never imagined myself wearing an orange jumpsuit, picking up litter off the side of a road, hair matted and dirty, no makeup on, and feeling disgusting. But then I suppose no one ever really imagines that, do they?

"Only an hour and 30 minutes to go." Hanna mumbled, stuffing an empty plastic bottle into her black sack.

"I think it's more like two hours, but who's counting?" Aria retorted sarcastically.

"How many hours you got left?" One of the other women in our group called, her friend turned to face her and scoffed. "Six months."

"That's right, because your Mommy's not a big shot lawyer who got you and your pals into community service for tampering with evidence." The black-haired girl smugly eyed us all, "I thought you said they killed somebody." Her friend mumbled.

"That's what the cops think, but they can't prove it."

"Cops are stupid." Her friend hummed.

"We didn't do anything." Emily snapped, "Don't talk to them!" Spencer ordered her harshly.

"I'll talk to anybody I want to!" Emily turned round and placed a hand on her hip. Oh shit.

I dropped my arms by my side and faced the girls from afar, Aria and Hanna slowed down their movements too.

"No you won't." Spencer furrowed her brows as she continued picking up trash with her poking stick.

"And who's gonna stop me?" Emily raised a brow. Spencer glared her down, I shared a look with Hanna that said 'Should we say something?'

"Both of you just shut up! I don't want to hear it anymore." Aria piped up and I silently thanked her.

Emily stepped towards Spencer and dropped her voice slightly. "Did you at least think about my idea?" She asked.

"It was a bad idea when they arrested us, it's a bad idea now." Spencer turned her back away from Em.

"We finally have something solid, why won't you use it?" Em asked, lifting her arms up to the side slightly.

"Because you can't make a deal with a rattlesnake." Spencer retorted shortly. I sighed and bowed my head to the floor, so much had happened in such little time and for the past month we had been paying the price for it.

"You can if you have something the rattlesnake wants!" Emily followed behind Spencer.

"Can we stop talking about snakes?" Hanna asked pleadingly, I huffed a short laugh.